pamela

hill walking in Alanya?
Hi,
I will be in Tosmur for 2 weeks from 18th April, are there any hill walking groups who meet regularly?
Also are the Turkish language lessons still going on in the Eden? ( I read it on an old post)
thanks

hill walking in Alanya?
hi Pamela the lessons are still going Fridays at 12 and 2 pm also monday at 1pmuntil the season gets busy.
Theres a walking group meet every thursday at 9am in the dolmuş staion in the town centre ..they have a bus to take them to different places and walk from there.

butt007

Warren
hill walking in Alanya?
Hello Pamela I have been going for the last 2 years with the group shirley mentions. It's run by a German couple, and as Shirley said every Thurs morning, the hired bus (often two) leaves for somewhere up in them thar hills, we never know where till we are on the bus. Anyone can go but they don't like the numbers to high, cos 2 busses can't hold'em so 45ish is max. They leave 9.50-10.00.

We will walk at a good-ish pace (steepness permiting) for about 1hr 40mins then have a break for something to eat and drink which you take with you, then walk for another 2 maybe 3 hours, those who get ahead stop now and then for the others, the walk can be any length....8klm...10klm, have walked as much as 15klms, oh my god.....my legs.

More often than not we end up at or pass on the way old ruins, and the scenery is stunning, a couple of hiking sticks are often essential, as Shirley said, meet at the bus terminus in Alanya by the fountain.
Warren

G&L

G&L
hill walking in Alanya?
I know this is an old post but just wondering if the hill walking/bus is still active. We would be coming from Mahmutlar so presume you mean the old centrum behind the grand bazaar in Alanya to meet up as I have a buddy whom is interested in wildlife, birds etc. thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom