hijacking attempt of Turkish airline
News just in from BBC that a Turkish ailrline flying from Oslo in Norway to Istanbul was hijacked in mid air, a Turkish passenger alerted crew staff that he had a bomb and demanded that the plane fly back to Norway, he tried to get into cockpit but was foiled by a number of passengers, the pilot radioed Istanbul airport , the plane landed safely and the man was arrested.
On arresting him they found the bomb to be fake.

Thank God it was fake and thank the brave passengers for tackling this person and holding him down.

I know we all moan because of restrictions at airports but security is paramount, keep our sky's safe from terrorists.

not sure of all the details yet, but package could have being an empty box and holding a mobile as a mechanism to detonate as he told the staff he had a bomb with him, so if that was the case it would be hard to detect, however Oslo airport hopefuly has a good security system in place ???

qwerty

Blerdy heck.
I'd c**p myself if I was on that flight.
Absolutely, very brave of the passengers to do that.

biggles

biggles
just my own view ,but i think after 9/11 & the heroic battle of the flight that fought back ,most passengers will now take the chance & where they used to sit back & hope for a safe landing they will most likely fight back now especially if the hijacker is trying to get in the flight cabin. in some ways we have learned a lot from 9/11 tragic as it was .

Summertime

Golden Girls
He had applied for asyl, but was denied, and had to return to Turkey. Then one hour from Istanbul, he wanted the plane to return to Oslo. :16: One of the passangers told that when they arrived Istanbul, they did not get any information at all, and nobody was there to take care of them.
I ofen see them on the plane from Istanbul to Oslo, when they arrive Oslo they are stopped at the passportcontrol and have to go wiht the police, there is police standing outside Ladies and Gentlemans toiletts, so they cant throw away the passport.

Last edited:

bickern

I know we all moan because of restrictions at airports but security is paramount, keep our sky's safe from terrorists.

it didn't work in this case though so i guess some security person in norway is having a hard time explainng what went wrong. i wonder if they have p45's in norway.

Summertime

Golden Girls
not sure of all the details yet, but package could have being an empty box and holding a mobile as a mechanism to detonate as he told the staff he had a bomb with him, so if that was the case it would be hard to detect, however Oslo airport hopefuly has a good security system in place ???

He did not have any bomb, just empty box.

You cant blame them, trying very hard to get a better life in Norway and then have to return to nothing.

Bikern, we dont have P45 in Norway :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom