turkey4me

High Banking Interest Rates
Hi, can anyone advise me about investing some money into a Turkish Bank i.e. Garanti Bank as I am thinking of investing some money and putting it towards my monthly living cost. Would I be able to get the interest out on a monthly basis? What is the best bank to invest money into? Is there a minimum investment?

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
I have invested in the high monthly interest account with Yapi Kredi bank for 5 years. Last year they won the Turkish award for best Internet bank in Turkey. They are owned jointly by the Turkish and Italian governments, so probably (possibly?!) a good bank to be with. On the monthly account there is no minimum and no maximum; however, be careful you can only ADD money or TAKE OUT money on the one day of maturity each month. The date will be clearly shown on the bank slip they give you when you make your deposit. I have an agreement with my bank that the capital sum is re-invested automatically each month (saves me sticking to that one day each month and remembering to go to the bank) and that the INTEREST each month is automatically put into my Cash Account. This is quite usual for all banks in Turkey to do that if requested. Last year I was getting 18% interest; 2 months ago 11.5% but I've heard it may be lower next month.

butt007

Warren
At HSBC the interest rate is now down to 9-75% gross, so that's about 7% net.
Warren

Latest Posts

Top Bottom