tusher

Teresa
Hi
I am Teresa, married to Jim and we have two daughters Kirsty and Lindsay.
Myself Jim and our 3 golden retrievers are flying over mid November 2009 to start a new life by living in Kusadasi. Kirsty is already over in Kusadasi quite settled and Lindsay is staying in the UK with her boyfriend. The main reason for joining this forum (I am on a couple forums related to Turkey) was there are dedicated areas to different parts of Turkey and hopefully I will get to see some of them and take the info from this site to help me. Look forward to being a part of Turkish Living .... in body aswell!!. - Teresa

Gin&Tonic

Hi
Hi Teresa and welcome to the forum. I brought my Golden Retriever here 3 years ago and he's settled really well and no problems on the flight. If you're bringing 3 dogs you'll need 3 people as each person is only allowed to bring in 1 dog, atleast it was when I brought mine, it could have changed now but would be worth checking.

tusher

Teresa
Hi
Thank you both. With regards to the dogs it is actually now 2 pets per 1 person, even though alot of companies etc say 1 pet per person!! anyway....
we are using a pet carrier company.. right rigmarole mainly as 'out of season' but these can fly us all (we have actually got Kirsty back here in the UK to help tie up loose and ends) but we are flying into Dalaman bit of a trek but at least we will be in Turkey!!.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Hi
Hi Teresa & Jim & mutts
Welcome to TLF. Good luck with your impending move next month. Look forward to hearing about your experiences. Hope it goes smooth and you settle in soon. Regards Carol

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Hi
Hi welcome to TLF and Good Luck with your move to start a new life - hope your dogs dont get too stressed out with the journey ! :Flower:

tusher

Teresa
Hi
Thank you everybody, we have the dogs tickets still waiting for our to come through!! our goods are on their way so its all systems go. - Teresa

tusher

Teresa
Hi
hope your dogs dont get too stressed out with the journey
Yes I'm hoping they will all be OK, I have bought some spray that they advise for settling the dogs so when we are at the airport and they go into their crates I will give their blankets a good spraying! - Teresa

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Hi
Yes I'm hoping they will all be OK, I have bought some spray that they advise for settling the dogs so when we are at the airport and they go into their crates I will give their blankets a good spraying! - Teresa

Who advised you to buy the spray ?? I was under the impression that animals cant be sedated in any way because of the checks that have to be made during the flight - please someone correct me if wrong - rules could have changed !

Sailor

Hi
Kusadasi..... you lucky lucky things. I' probably 10 years away from moving over there yet. Enjoy the forum and would love to meet up in the future (if you don't mind), and let us know how you have settled in.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi
Hi Teresa, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. Hope you the family and your beloved dogs have a safe and happy trip. Enjoy your new adventure out in Turkey.

Tess

Hi
Hi Teresa and Jim and a warm welcome to the forum, every good wish for a lovely new life, take care and most of all enjoy!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom