mumps

Cheryl
Hi I'm another newbee!
Hi, I'm Cheryl, been married to Shaun for 26 years and have three daughters - 22, 17 and 9 (the 22 year old lives with her boyfriend). We live in the country in Suffolk, England where its snowing steadily at the moment! We're into gardening, eating out - and weekends away (as often as possible!) We're looking to buy a holiday home in Turkey and are hoping that one of you lot out there can give us some advice on where to buy! I'm finding the site really helpful already but am still finding my way around it so am not sure where to go to describe what we're after but I'll keep on looking!:kiss:

Martyn

Hi I'm another newbee!
Welcome to the forum Cheryl and have a good look around. No idea where you should buy it will depend on your wants and needs. Have a search and ask away.

Tess

Hi I'm another newbee!
Hi Cheryl, Shaun and the girls, welcome to the forum. You are in an enviable position and the whole of Turkey is your oyster. Take your time, there is no rush there is lots out there to buy, never feel rushed, if it's for you it won't go past you. What I would say is there are lots of positives but do not overlook the negatives and at all times be careful. Use this forum to ascertain all the info you need about the buying process and if in doubt always ask. Someone is always willing to help in any way you need. Take care and good luck in your quest. Enjoy!!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Hi I'm another newbee!
Hello and welcome to tlf . Hope you enjoy yourself on here . We do !!! Do you Know were you want to buy ??? A lot of people buy were they went on holiday . But Turkey is a big country so have a real good look around it . ............Diane

maggie

Hi I'm another newbee!
Hi nice introduction.

Welcome to this forum its a great place to gain an awfull lot of usefull information.
If we can be of help to you ask away nearly allways you can find an answer to all your questions on here.

As previously stated take your time dont rush into anything and just ask, ask, away until you know all you need to know.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

Summertime

Golden Girls
Hi I'm another newbee!
Welcome to the Forum Cheryl, in here you will find lots of information about where to buy or where not to buy, estate agents etc, be carfully, and have a happy Christmas.:28:

mumps

Cheryl
Hi I'm another newbee!
We're looking for somewhere on the coast, an area where we can explore the 'real' Turkey but at the same time have a beach close by! We like to have a bit of life around us but don't want to be in the heart of 'clubland' - although not too far away from it either, (so that we can pick and choose wether we want a quiet night in or not!) We understand some parts are hotter than others so whilst we don't mind the heat we want to be able to wander around in it not constantly be looking for the nearest bit of shade! In this country we like Shanklin on the Isle of Wight, Tenby and Saundersfoot in Wales, Jersey and Guernsey. Weve been researching places since Easter, we went to The Place In the Sun Live at the NEC in October and got some more info there, we've also been on the internet and contacted various agents and now know a bit about Akbuk, Altinkum, Fethiye, Bodrum, Antalya and Alanya.

Tess

Hi I'm another newbee!
Have you ever been to Turkey on holiday before Cheryl / Shaun ??
If not it might be an idea to go on some inspection trips, usually subsidised making the journey a lot cheaper, go to various places and see what you like first.
If and when you see what you like it would be time enough then to make a decision.
Every place you have mentioned is lovely I'm sure in its own right, but it might be nice to make a decision judged on your personal opinion.
Do not be forced into any snap decisions by anyone or lulled into a false sense of security by any you feel are very nice, always let your head rule and not your heart on this one.
Any good estate agent / builder will be happy with that.
Once again just ask anything you need to know.
Use the search engine at the top of the page and put in the various companies you have been in contact with, you may find they have been discussed on the forum and you may then find what folks think who have had personal experience of dealing with them.
There are some wonderful people out there but also some not so nice.
There are various ripped off websites which would do no harm to read to steer you away from the not so nice.
Happy hunting. It is achievable !!

giglets

Hi I'm another newbee!
Welcome, Cheryl and family.

Great Forum, great people, great knowledge.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Dave

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Hi I'm another newbee!
A warm welcome to you and your family. You have already had some good pieces of advice, and believe me there is loads to be had on this forum.

I hope in the end you find what you are looking for and will be very happy with it.

P. S. I see we live in the same county.

Last edited:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Hi I'm another newbee!
A very big welcome to TLF - enjoy and dont be afraid to ask questions
As others have said please be careful and thoroughly gen up on the area and the property that you may like to buy -- Its a buyers market so you should get a bargain !

ted j

Hi I'm another newbee!
Hi from me too Cheryl and family hope you find somewhere. Ted . Ps, you can type any of the place names in google earth ( if you don't have it, download it, it's completely free) and have a nosey around that area Just bear in mind that some of the images are up to four years old but it's invaluable for having a good look at surroundings, distances to nearest airports etc

Last edited:

ChrisBobs

Hi I'm another newbee!
Hi Cheryl , Shaun and girls
welcome to the forum, and enjoy!
Tess is spot on- have you been out to Turkey for a holiday?
One place will suit you and another won't, so take time to test the waters-so to speak!
All the best
Chris

Latest Posts

Top Bottom