Hi from Datca
Hi everyone, just came across the web site a few days ago and we registered. We've been coming to Datca since Sept 2001, the week of Germany 1 England 5 (fond memories:ukflag:) and bought our villa in 2002. Every year we've spent some 6 to 7 weeks here on holiday before the eventual retiment move. This year Marguerite retired and we're here! We're spending a few months here and back to the UK for a few, we'll see how the next few years take on. Marguerite is an holistic therapist and is practising on friends here (can't think about the work permit saga!) just to keep her hand in so to speak. Jim 'retired' a couple of years ago so if anyone passes through Datca (you'll get your feet wet at the end) look us up. Marguerite & Jim

kaplumba

Hi from Datca
Oh wow - great to see you here. I met you at a party at my house a few years ago and we came to visit you a few days later. I was with my lovely friend Sheila who has now sadly passed away. She was so thrilled to meet Marguerite for some of her therapies and it made her holiday even more special. I am in Datca at the moment - are you here? Hope to see you again.

Oh silly me I see you are. I am around for another couple of weeks - do hope we can meet.

Last edited:
Hi from Datca
Hi Jane, remember you well and Sheila too, it was very sad to hear of her passing, she loved Datca. Transferring details to the laptop we lost a lot of contact details including yours. We've been on the lookout for you but since coming here full time we don't spend the time by the harbour as much as we did, though we did walk past your place this morning taking the seawalk to market. If you contact me by PM we can arrange to meet up. Are you here on your own or is the family with you? Regards Marguerite & Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi from Datca
Hi Marguerite and Jim, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy and have fun making new friends here. I'd like to do the UK/Turkey split before making a final decision, I just could not bear to leave my beloved dog for so long.

Barbles

Hi from Datca
Hi Jim & Marguerite, I'm a newby here as well. Welcome to TLF, hope you find it an enjoyable experience.

Les

Hi from Datca
Hi Sunny SeaSider & Barbles, thank for the welcome notes. Guess like many th,is site is a good way to meet people in the area and for exchanging ideas, hints and views? We had no canine attachments so our decision was easy, family and friends are often here, September is a busy month for us.

Tess

Hi from Datca
Hi and a warm welcome Marguerite and Jim, I hope you enjoy the forum, super wee place to drop into and a mine of information. Lovely intro.

Hi from Datca
Thanks Tess, we're looking forward to our 'new lives' in Datca. As we said in the intro, we've been coming here for more than 8 years and just love the place and people, though getting things done is a different thing! One thing we have learned is that "It will be done in 4 days" means 'Inshallah'!

Hi from Datca
Welcome to the Forum Marguerite and Jim. Like Jane, we too have a holiday home in Datca since 2005 in Riviera Villas, don't know whether you know the area. We are retired, and absolutely love Datca like many others from here that you will see on the site from N.Ireland. We will be coming to Datca end Sept so may bump into you both. At least the weather is wonderful there unlike here, rain, rain and more rain, it's a wonder we haven't grown green hair like the fields around us. Ha!Ha!

Hi Jane needn't ask if you are enjoying your holiday, would be a silly question, lucky you, wish we were there now. Maybe see you next time around.

ChrisBobs

Hi from Datca
Hi Marguerite&Jim
welcome to the Forum from the Bodrum side of the water! It is great to hear of someone well settled in, and in a lovely place like Datca, ...never get there enough!
All the best
Chris

Latest Posts

Top Bottom