MrsP

Jean
Hi! from Akbuk Wannabies
Hi

We are Jean and Andy from rainy Manchester. We have visited Turkey many times and love it. We visited Fethiye (loved the stunning views) and Akbuk (the dog taking the sheep for a walk along the prom enchanted us) in May this year. We hope to visit again next year and purchase our future home.
I work here in the UK as a carer (Andy is a builder) and we were wondering what happens in Turkey as you become less mobile and need help, can anyone enlighten us? from my work I know how vital it is for some people to have regular and frequent care. I would hate to think the answer would be moving back to the UK in later life.

Jean

Tess

Hi! from Akbuk Wannabies
:474cu: Hi Jean and Andy, from Rainy Manchester (maybe it will dry up soon)
Welcome to the Forum, hope you enjoy!! Weather is lovely in NI at the minute all be it yesterday and today are pretty cool and fairly breezy, but better than the dreaded rain! (Better not speak too soon :boohoo: it's never far away)

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Hi! from Akbuk Wannabies
Welcome, can't answer your question, but hopefully someone will come along with the answer, which will be of interest to all of us.

Have you seen anything you like in Akbuk, there are some good resales on the market at the moment and some beautiful complexes as well. Ive just bought there and found everyone so friendly, a lovely little community.

Best wishes

Eve

Hi! from Akbuk Wannabies
There are no care arrangements other than family and friends as far as Im aware of,at this moment in time.However,I did hear that there was an interest shown in opening a residential care home for foreign elderly at some stage................it would have Turkish carers and nurses though under present work restrictions.
There are a lot of retired nurses and carers out here,and probably in the event of someone needing help.the ex-pat community could get together on a voluntary basis to give basic care.
Things will probably change in years to come though

Hi! from Akbuk Wannabies
hi and welcome.

we bought off plan when we came out here three years ago and i wouldnt recommend it either.we would either rent or buy a resale as you can see what you are getting for your money and always make sure the tapu is in place
and is legal .
as far has health is concerned you can get private health insurance as your mobility decreases in coming years its up to yourselves to look after each other as there is nothing else available to us at the moment.

our property is up for sale if you are intrested pm us
mandy and lol

MrsP

Jean
Hi! from Akbuk Wannabies
Thanks everyone for your advice. We don't intend to buy off plan, it sounds a bit of a minefield.
Lol and Mandy - we are not quite ready to buy yet. We need to sell rental property here in the UK and as I am sure you know, nothing is selling here at the moment. I am curious though, why are you selling?

Hi! from Akbuk Wannabies
You may be wiser renting first and then you can see which area you want to buy in.
Living here is far different than coming for holidays...........winter especially,as some areas have very few facilities open out of season

laz

Hi! from Akbuk Wannabies
hi there and welcome to the forum. we moved to akbuk last year to live here permanently. we bought off plan and luv our villa and have been really lucky not having experienced any major problems. but others have said i would definately advise you to rent first and have a really good look round. there is so much to choose from.

Top Bottom