ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Henry Escapes Punishment
What a surprise - not!!

Fifa have announced they will take no disciplinary action against Thierry Henry over his handball in France's World Cup qualification play-off against the Republic of Ireland.

Here

C

Henry Escapes Punishment
But why would they want to take disciplinary action anyway?? The ref and the linesmen are there to do that. I cant believe this is even an issue. It wouldnt happen in Rugby or cricket!

Martyn

Henry Escapes Punishment
It wouldn't have happened in the first place because Cricket(I think) and Rugby use 'live' video technology. It really has to be dealt with at the time with video technology imho. Most incidents that maybe decide games end with the ball out of play so there are seconds needed to review by the 4th official. At a recent `chelsea match I was at there were a couple of close decisions and as soon as they happened all of the fans in the block I was in turned around and saw a replay on an internal screen. The technology is already there someone just needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

The Henry decision was an absolute disgrace.

Henry Escapes Punishment
ok, but given that football doesnt use such technology (and ı agree that they should)and power is given to 3 men on the field then ı feel you have go by their decisions.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Henry Escapes Punishment
But why would they want to take disciplinary action anyway?? The ref and the linesmen are there to do that. I cant believe this is even an issue. It wouldnt happen in Rugby or cricket!

Because he cheated and brought the game into disrepute.

C

Henry Escapes Punishment
So if he did that then the ref and linesman are there to take the necessary action. Going to a higher authority actually brings the game into disrepute if you ask me and makes a mockery of the ref. The sport would break down and chaos would ensue if that happened all the time. If the ref and linesmen missed it, then that just has to be accepted, and you just get on with it. As a lifelong participant in many different sports, thats my attitude to playing. Part and parcel of sport if you ask me.

Martyn

Henry Escapes Punishment
You are right Jane in this instance but my point is this reinforces that fact video technology is required, it's used in other sports.

Henry Escapes Punishment
You are right Jane in this instance but my point is this reinforces that fact video technology is required, it's used in other sports.

In this day and age, yes I agree. I just dont believe that Thierry Henry should be punished under the present system.
If it had been used in the past, then England may have progressed instead of getting knocked out against Argentina with the hand of God incident and England may not have even won the world cup in 1966. And as for John MacEnroe!!! He wouldnt have been the tabloid sensation he was back in the 80s.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom