Cheeky x

Help
Hi

Can anyone help me please! My husband and i live here in the Uk and really want to bring his brother over for 2 weeks holiday to stay with us. We are having a party and would love him to be there. Do you know how i can get his brother here and where do i start. His brother does have a wife and 2 children in Turkey but he would come on his own.

Many thanks

tomc1984

Help
Seem a little confused as to what the problem is, can he not just book a flight, or are there issues you have not explained.

martin m

Help
Hi cheeky
sorry i cant help, but was supprised that tom felt that anyone one can just jump on a plane and come here to the uk, correct me if im wrong but dont turks have to apply for a visa, and are only granted one if there was enough likely evidence that they are not comming to try and stay.
I would be interested to learn what the criteria is if you have the time.
martin m

waterbaby

Help
Needs to apply for a uk tourist visa, depending on the area he is in. It is a pain in the back side and alot of paperwork is involved and there is still no guarantee he will get one. he will have to pay for the application and even if visa is not granted, the fee will not be refunded. Check out the british consulate website it has all the info and applicaition forms on there. He will neeed to obviously get a passport and if he has never had one this can sometimes be difficult to get. I take it you and your hubby will be his sponser, so you will have to provide info, bank statements, rent book ,etc etc along with letters of invitation. We were lucky and were granted a tourist visa when he applied but it still involved a trip to istanbul for hubby to have an interview. Like i said a huge pain in the bum the whole process and alot of money,and still no guarantee. If your brother in law owns his own business, property, car etc it will all go in his favour.

waterbaby

Help
ooooh forgot to say, if he manages to get a visa be careful which airline you book for him to fly with. some wont allow turkish citizens to fly with them(usually charter flights)

juco

Help
was supprised that tom felt that anyone one can just jump on a plane and come here to the uk

I think Tom was making the point that there was no specific information as to nationalities involved, or as he said `what IS the problem`

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Help
Seem a little confused as to what the problem is, can he not just book a flight, or are there issues you have not explained.

As others have posted Tom, it's very difficult for Turks to leave their country, suppose the authorities think that they won't want to go back!!! Can't think why? We are very lucky, when we holiday there, but think of those areas outside of Tourism, how very poor they are, and a life outside, even in the UK is more preferable to them. As you know, with this Government here, no-one will starve they are always well provided for. We only have to look at the Eastern Europe areas, since they opened the gates they have flooded in. There was a report last week that the UK now has 61 million resident, said it was due to birth rates etc, rubbish, it is our European cousins who have moved here in the last 4 years or so. It is staggering when the Government project how many would take up residency in the UK, it has morethan doubled that projection figure.

tomc1984

Help
Hi cheeky
sorry i cant help, but was supprised that tom felt that anyone one can just jump on a plane and come here to the uk, correct me if im wrong but dont turks have to apply for a visa, and are only granted one if there was enough likely evidence that they are not comming to try and stay.
I would be interested to learn what the criteria is if you have the time.
martin m

Forgive me Martin, pure ignorance on my part, just not sure what the problem was.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom