sheebz

help!!
right you lot,,, whilst i totally appreciate that the purpose of the forum is to offer help and advice, i am now wondering if im doing the right thing trying to buy in Turkey! and whether i should cut my losses and run before completion before i get swindled, robbed in my sleep,or bitten by snakes! Someone tell me im doing the right thing please !!!!

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
help!!
Some would say "cut your losses" , some would say "carry on and buy". I'm afraid the ball is in your court.

Jeannie

teresa

Free Thinker
help!!
Well we bought in Turkey and we are happy. If you are unsure or unhappy with something then really you should get "proper" help.

Pete&Mag

help!!
Hi sheebz. Mag and I bought in Yalikavak.and we are more than happy with our choice of place. Yes there are some disaster stories. Indeed ours is still a little problematic.
I would say that if I was at the deposit stage ,knowing what I know now,I would be able to protect myself a lot more,in order to make the process a lot less traumatic. Are you considering a new build ? Pete

sheebz

help!!
hi pete , the property im in the process of buying is a re sale, do you think that makes a difference ?

PASH

help!!
When i give advice these days i try not to be biased considering my problems here. I now suggest that people perhaps rent for a year and get the all year round experience, after that time, if you have not been put off, cautiously enter the buying process taking heed of all the advice given out on forums like this

Pete&Mag

help!!
At least with a resale,you can sit tight and say you are not budging until you are certain all checks on paperwork are satisfactory. If your Solicitor is Independent ,This would be better. Someone advising you who knows the ropes would also be wise. Mushtaqs company can check things out for you for a fee. Pete

mollag

Kipper restorer
help!!
hi pete , the property im in the process of buying is a re sale, do you think that makes a difference ?

Yes, You are using the best method with a re sale, as others have said, the tapu is in force already so less oportunity for problems.
Insist on an Ipotek which is an agreement to buy and sell, legally enforcable, and has penalties for any backouts.
Most scaming is done thru new builds and off plan sales, avoid any "deals" that dont come with reciepts.
Not all sales are bad, not all Turkish people are scam artists but to be forewarned is a must.
Botom line, we are here 3 years now, some small probs innitially but all in all well worth it.
Good luck and follow your instincts.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
help!!
A resale especialy from a brit should be ok .I wouldn't buy off plan or a new build . All i can tell you is i go with my gut instinct . If i feel something is wrong it useualy is . But i htink you have pre purchase nerves as its a big step to take a bit like brides and grooms befor the wedding lol Travel around a while incase you find somewere better House or Resort . D

cassıe

cassıe
help!!
:77wu: I would say rent for a while. You need to see Turkey in the winter as well as the summer. I bought and had no problems but then I have heard of a few horror stories. Make sure you have a good solicitor and get receipts for every transaction that you make. Good Luck. x x :peace:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
help!!
Find a good solicitor, don't pay anymore money untill you are POSITIVE everything is in order, when it's all done right and you can have tapu and the keys and every conceivable issue has been dealt with then finalize the deal and enjoy. Many people have been burned, so walk very very carefully

Biker Bob

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
help!!
When i give advice these days i try not to be biased considering my problems here. I now suggest that people perhaps rent for a year and get the all year round experience, after that time, if you have not been put off, cautiously enter the buying process taking heed of all the advice given out on forums like this

Thats sound advice.

martin m

help!!
Hi sheebz
Been away most of the week working so i dont know if theres any background to this thread, the reason i say that is because some of the advice albeit good could be irrelevant in your case, i.e why would you need to see turkey in the winter unless its a permanent move to live, the same goes for why long term rental.
The fact with buying in Turkey at present is you could get a better bargain than folk who bought in last 18 months if you go about it the right way, also the manner in which you posted made it sound something like your fed up reading all the bad tales and stories that have happened to a large number of people, thats fine in principle but if everyone posted on here after having a good experience buying i think they would easily out number those having a bad one and we would not be having this chat.
The way i see it is a good resale purchase made from preferably a non turk with Tapu in place with full habitation certificate, with all necassary checks made by a reliable solicitor would cut your chances of major problems down to a absolute bare minimum, the two things to get right are which solicitor to use and which emlak to purchase through, due dilligence (home work) on this and its a breeze, please dont be put off, and use whats availalable to help you, mushtaq was a good suggestion.
martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom