myrajane

Help with Residence Permit
My mum is coming out to Turkey shortly.

She will get the 90 day visa but she wants to stay out longer.

We want to get her residence permit but not sure what paperwork she will need to obtain it.

She will be staying with us so doesn't have a tapu etc.

My questions are.

1 Will she need a bank account
2 She gets two pensions so would she need to have a lump sum in the
account or will proof of pension be enough
3 Will we have to draw up a rental contract to say she is renting with us

If anyone can answer these questions I would be extremely grateful, thanks.

scotssteve

Hi Myrajayne

Its been fairly well covered on a number of occasions but can I suggest that your mum might want to apply for six months in the first instance?
This would reduce the amount of cash she will need to prove - if asked.
she should have a turkish bank account & tax number as there is a tax element to pay
& yes a rental agreement to prove where she will be staying
The book is I think about 150TL and the costs for residency about £50 a year
Once she has it she can also register with a doctor- just in case

good luck

myrajane

Thanks for that Steve.

I know that each district is different, we weren't asked for bank details at all.

We will open her a bank account and hopefully her english bank statement will be enough to show proof of pension, however will get her on internet banking and then she can transfer the money into her turkish account.

I will get the info as soon as she gets here and will put everything on line in case anybody else gets into a similar situation.

louise17

It is different for you myrajane as you are married to a turk, you do not need to show proof that you can live here unsupported, your Mum will.

marchgirl

Hi Scotssteve,
Can you tell me more about the 6 month Residency,I thought 1 year was the minimum duration.
Thanks
Mx

myrajane

No I'm not married to a Turk but we got our residency 5 years ago and was never asked for bank statements.

if you go to the port police office down at the rhodes ferry they will give you a list of docs she needs ..

beyazbayan

Yes she needs a turkish bank account and tax number. She may have to have pension documents translated cost normally 150 tl but doesn't need a large bank balance.
Go for a year as they say price is rising again soon.

Chinook

Can you tell me more about the 6 month Residency,I thought 1 year was the minimum duration.
Thanks

You can get as little as 1 month I believe. My wife's UK Bank details showing her monthly pension payments was accepted without translation in Mugla.Lets face it how do you translate a company pension name and numbers is numbers

beyazbayan

Easy you photocopy the original and then type on the turkish words charge the customer 100 tl then take to the notar who stamps it as a true translation. Much better value then 65 pouds sterling charged by the Brit consul to put your name dob court and date of divorce on a standard form then print - forgot to mention that's one copy each additional an extra 65 quid. Same price charged by the consul to authenticate your Birth Cert of which you need two copies.

WilkinsJ

Hi my daughter has been in turkey since April and tried to extend her visa this week in marmaris but was told no by police, how can she extend to be able to stay longer , or does she need to come home and apply via Turkish embassy

Please need help urgently

Latest Posts

Top Bottom