zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Help with lokum / turkish delight
well have been trying to make this and used 2 recipes... the first one was an ok recipe using gelatine, but know that its not authentic... so i looked up another recipe not using it but using alot of cornflour etc.... anyway , they both worked out fine but second one was better... now heres my problem, once the mould has set and i cut it into portions, after a few hours why does it start to sweat and become moist?, the powder turns to this wet icing kind of thing.. i know this should not happen... can any1 give some advice or even ask someone who knows how to make it to remedy this?........ a genuine reply wud be sooooooooooo appreciated. i want to make this in work so serve as part of petit feurs...

19052010194.jpg

Last edited:

lara

Hi Zuber

Are they completly cool when you put the icing sugar on, are they in a cool room? Does it say anything about temperature at which they are supposed to be stored?
Other than asking you the obvious, I don't know what to suggest, but best of luck, and let us know how you get on.

By the way, I forgot to say thank you for your 'lemon sorbet' recipe, made them, eat them, and loved them; also made lemon curd.

Last edited:

Tess

I read somewhere once Zuber to let them stand for a couple of days before dusting and to give them lots of space and not crowd together to stop the dusting sweat and cluster.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Hi Zuber

Are they completly cool when you put the icing sugar on, are they in a cool room? Does it say anything about temperature at which they are supposed to be stored?
Other than asking you the obvious, I don't know what to suggest, but best of luck, and let us know how you get on.

By the way, I forgot to say thank you for your 'lemon sorbet' recipe, made them, eat them, and loved them; also made lemon curd.

hiya
yes they r, the mixture has set and is a 'pleasure' to cut lol and looks fine when its just rolled in the powder mixture,... its the storing and shelf life which am confused bout, cos i know it should almost have an ultra thin crust with the powder will coat to prevent sweating... but im not sure how to do this which is why id like advice from someone who knows how to do this... its sooooo frustrating! lol..
oh and ur welcome for the sobet recipe! glad it worked out! x x x

... just took them out the tub and layed them out to dry and see how that goes!

Last edited:

juco

"Snow powder" or "No melt icing sugar" means a type of icing sugar that doesn't melt when it's dusted on items that require refrigeration.

It should also stop `sweating` eventually so maybe leave for longer before dusting in sugar.

Possibly altering the dusting mixture could help....
For dusting, sift together:
25g (50ml) cornflour
150g pure icing sugar

Also try storing for a couple of days in`airtight` container.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom