pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Help with laptop please
Can anyone tell why my laptop wouldn't work in Turkey ? I plugged it in to my husbands internet but still no joy . Is there something i need to click for it to work abroad . Its a HP quite a good one . and wireless ect But i dont no all the tech terms . I couldn't get Ebay or TLF . I dont want to walk around in the heat from noon till 5pm So i want my laptop for Emails ect I'll be golng to Alanya soon and a day in Antalya . Also i couldn't access anything in the internet cafe either ! at the moment i'm useing a 3 dongle but it dosrn't work in Turkey Thanks in advance Diane

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Help with laptop please
"I plugged it in to my husbands internet"

Have you installed the details of your husband's modem into the lappie ?

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Help with laptop please
No he plugged the phone wire into it . But i thought the point of a lap top wsa you can take them anywere . ?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Help with laptop please
Yep, but it has to be told what it's being connected to before it'll work.

I'll leave it for one of the "techies" to explain it to you.

Andyucs

Computer Engineer
Help with laptop please
hi if you just plug the telephone line in to it

you need to have a dial up Internet account before you will get anywhere

as for wireless connection if you go into a Internet cafe you will normally be given or have to ask for the secret key to access the Internet wirelessly

you have to tell your laptop to search for wireless connection near and the cafe will tell you there wireless Sid (name)

also if you have a full Internet security software you may find this will restrict you joining the wireless available

windows firewall and a good anti virus is just as good

Peregrine

Help with laptop please
Hi Pineapple

try connecting your laptop to the modem via an ethernet cable (a network cable). Look at the back of the modem - in addition to the phone cable connection there might be 1 or 4 network sockets.

Alternatively if hubby has a wireless modem try using the wireless connection on your laptop - remember that if hubby has put a security password on the wireless connection you will have to put that into the settings of your computer (when you search for a wireless network it lets you know if they are secured by password or not)

if that doesnt work then chuck it (only joking!)

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Help with laptop please
Thanks everyone I will try those things If i fail i'll take it to a computor shop If they fail i'll buy a notebook in Turkey and leave it there .

Perergrine how can i chuck it If i do that we won't be able to argue about smokeing !!!!
HA HAA HAA
A I'm 1oo% stressed right now and about to become a kipper ! By the way its HP Compaq
THANKS EVERYBODY

Last edited:

topcat

topcat
Help with laptop please
I need to write an e mail to a turkish girl, and she has given me her address,but it uses some turkish alphabet symbols. is there a way to configure my computer so I can use the handful of turkish symbols that are not covered By the english alphabet?.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom