CJD

Help with email from Garanti
I have received this email from garanti please could someone
translate for me,

Gьvenlik Alarmi

Tьrkiye Garanti Online Bankacilik hesabinizin hizmet sьresi dolmak ьzeredir.
Asagidaki linki kullanarak hesabiniza ulasabilir ve hesabinizi tekrar aktif hale getirebilirsiniz

many thank yous

tomc1984

doesn't make sesne but using Google translate came up with this.
"Services to fill your account sьresi Online Banking Tьrkiye Warranty ьzeredir.
Use the following link to activate the account can access and can restore your account"

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Here is rough and ready translation from Google (Google Translate)

Gьvenlik alarme

Services to fill your account sьresi Online Banking Tьrkiye Warranty ьzeredir.
Use the following link to activate the account can access and can restore your account

Sounds to me like a spam email to get your login details for your account, I would not click on any links in there.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
In accordance with the "Anti-Money Laundering" regulations in Turkey all Turkish bank accounts should have their account verified by the 30th June 2009. This involves producing a recent utility bill or other recognised form of proof of address either in Turkey or elsewhere if appropriate.

Go to this thread for more details
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/banking-finance-insurance/20570-bank-account-freezing.html

I should imagine that there are going to be hundreds of these spoof emails being delivered to Turkish bank account holders in the hope that the spammers can dupe people into revealing personal details and also details of their accounts.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom