SandiBarbi

Honey x x
Help with Cargo agents
Hi.. Me again god I'm going round in circles I'm trying to find a cargo agent to help me get my little pooch Honey to the UK, I'm in Antalya and the one's iv contacted hear are useless and cannot understand that my dog is not flying under PETS (pet passport) and want ridiculous amounts of money with microchip etc, I have been in touch with Defra and she dose not need all this as she is going direct to Quarantine not under PETS, Please if you know of any agents or English speaking vet's that deal with this matter, It really doesnt matter if in Bodrum, Marmaris etc i just want to try other wise i would have to consider trying to find her another home hear in Turkey as my fund's are limited, Please any help would be appreciated...

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Help with Cargo agents
Try contacting Meg, Lisa or Rachael at Overhill Kennels near Bristol. They've been involved over the years in a number of exports of animals, ours included, from the UK to Turkey and they may have some contacts over here who may be able to help you.

Overhill Kennels & Exports

Last edited:

SandiBarbi

Honey x x
Help with Cargo agents
Thanks I'm so stressed about this its driving me mad the last thing i want to do is leave her hear but if it comes to that i might have to, I will send overhill an email so fingers crossed x

Help with Cargo agents
I know a friend used Jetset Pets who are based in UK to arrange travel from Turkey-UK and then collect at the airport to transfer to quarantine.
We used them to arrange travel when we bought our dogs from UK and found their costs competative.
Alternatively,e-mail or PM Valian as I believe she knows details of someone in Turkey who will advise/arrange travel arrangements for you

SandiBarbi

Honey x x
Help with Cargo agents
Thankyoooouuu, Just emailed them thank for the info, Im starting to relax a little...

Modgirl

Help with Cargo agents
Hi Sandi try Gill who has an add in voices. I know how u are feeling as I am trying to bring my dogs to Turkey, maybe we should swap our pooches LOL. it would be cheaper!

Harem

I've cliqued
Help with Cargo agents
If you don't get any joy elsewhere, try Birhan, at Lara Veterinary Clinic in Fethiye. Telephone: 0252 612 5916. I know he deals with this sort of thing for ex-pts going back to the UK

bremar

Help with Cargo agents
I've copied and pasted an excerpt from one of the documents I received from Ladyhaye regarding pets travelling from Turkey to the UK. Defra do say that animals arriving for quarantine do not need any vaccinations however, the Turkish Government say they do and to get them out of the country it has to be done. I know it is expensive as I have to pay £1,200 just for my cat and dog to get on the plane. They have both had microchops and vaccinations which cost 530tl and then the cost of the travel crates. There is still the quarantine fees to pay when they get to England. I am not prepared to get to Dalaman and find that my pets can't fly because they don't have the correct documentation. I have checked, double checked and checked again but as far as I can see there is no other way round it and my cat and dog are too precious to me to take any chances. I have been planning this for months and apart from sending them to another European country where they will still have to stay for 6 months to qualify for PETS there is no other way.

GUIDE FOR TRAVEL FROM TURKEY

Pet Travel is under quarantine regulations only. Turkey is not a DEFRA approved country for pet passport or third country certificate. All pets arriving from Turkey must go into UK quarantine for six months. This is even if they have received a rabies vaccine and blood test in Turkey.

Requirements of the Turkish Authorities – if you do not follow these guidelines your pets may not be able to travel
1)all pets must be accompanied – one person per pet (you are allowed 1 dog and 1 cat per person travelling).
2)The vet paperwork must be in the same names (please see the emails below), so the DEFRA paperwork and the vet health certificates must be in the same name as the person accompanying the animals on the flight.
3)You will need to complete export customs entries on the day you fly before 16:00 Mon-Fri only and then wait at the airport until your flight.
4)You are required to get an export health certificate from the state / government vet – your pets will need to be microchipped, vaccinated for rabies and have all other annual vaccines (same as here Distemper, Parvovirus etc and maybe Kennel cough also) - these must be put into a log book by your vet, taken to the area vet for certifying and then to the state vet for the export certificate. We also suggest you get the blood test done as well as we have experienced owners getting to the airport without this and being turned away.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom