juco

Help with Bios password on laptop
I have an old laptop which I am going to give to a young lad in Turkey but in the process of tyding it up ie deleting all except win98.
When I start to boot the laptop I have to put in a password it then accepts the password and continues to boot and load win98.
What I want to do is eliminate the need for the password at `boot` and the new owner can set a password for windows if he wishes.
I can get access to the BIOS and have found the box for `password` below that the word `registered` and then a blank part which is presumably where my current password is.
Anyone know how to eliminate the ols password?

juco

Toshiba 440CDT
Windows 98
Age..ancient

Now got it sorted...thanks

Last edited:

JohnF

OK, you just saved me the job of digging old some old Toshiba workshop manuals!

Had to do this a few times with IBM's and Toshiba's but not for a few years. Seem to recall there is somewhere in the Toshiba BIOS menu that lets you change BIOS/HDD passwords, as long as you have the current ones. How did you do it?

JF

juco

Not 100% sure but I got into the BIOs as I had the password, but at that point was reluctant to mess around, so my son came in and took it out in 2 seconds..and that was that. Apparently you can disconnect the bios battery for 20 minutes and that takes it out, but sounded a bit dodgy for me.
You got any links for any games for win98 as I will put a few on for him before I get the laptop to him, I doubt if he will get internet connection

juco

Thanks Struggs at least I can them on its for a young lad in Turkey giving him an old laptop.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom