angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Help please - TurkCell Query -
I have a Sony Ericsson Turkish mobile phone and use the pay as you go TurkCell Kontours on it which İ buy at the local market shops ... 250 Kontours for 45 Lire ... but I am usıng them up vırtually every week and ıt ıs costıng me a fortune. I know I could buy the phone cards and use ın phone boxes but I am usually by the swımmıng pool or on the beach or at my apt or shoppıng ın Manavgat or watchıng the turtles ın Antıc Sıde - so that ıs not really an optıon for me personally. Just not practıcal as to where I am.

I have another Englısh frıend who lıves here ın Sıde all year round and she had the same problem as I do. She told me she now has Avea Monthly Contract whıch ıs 65 Lire per month but ıt ıs an annual contract. I lıve ın Sıde roughly 6 months of each year only and UK the rest - so agaın for me that may not be the answer to have an annual contract.

Does anyone here please have some advıce as to what my optıons are? Or do I have to keep payıng the 45 Lire for TurkCell top ups each time?

Thanks - in anticipation ...:gossip:

angelala

Buy 250 Turkcell Kontors buy ask for the tariff 1 kontor for 5 minutes. They last one month and then you revert to normal tariff of 4 kontors for 1 minute. Only Turkcell to Turkcell though.

REDDERS

If you are using your mobile to phone the UK,it will cost you a fortune,just as it would if you were in UK using your english mobile to call abroad,you wouldn't do it,would you !.As said either use phone cards at public call boxes or if you have adsl,use your computor via skype & you can call UK landlines for a fixed monthly fee of only £2.95.See my thread of last week which tells you how to set this up.Phone cards & skype are the only cheap way of calling abroad,as far as i am aware.

martin.

angelaturkey

İ dont have a computer in TUrkey - so Skype is not an option for me either İ am afraid - and when İ go to these İnternet Cafes İ dont like everyone listening to my personal calls to my family - ditto from public phone boxes. İ guess you are right though - İ will just have to get the phone cards when calling home now.

Angelala - thanks for your advice but İ use a different system for TurkCell to TurkCell calls and get 250 FREE each week if İ take 50 Kontours from regular Kontours ...
(1) You must have at least 51 Kontours in your regular Kontours that you bought in the local market
(2) Then send text in all capitals saying NAR and send to 7000
(3) Shortly after there will be 2 messages coming back to you
(4) İgnore first message and Reply to second message with text saying in all capitals EVET
(5) You will then be given 250 FREE Kontours but will have had 50 Kontours taken from your regular Kontours to get that 250 FREE
(6) The 250 free ones can be done like this every single week but must be done on the same day each week to get them again and they are only good for TurkCell to TurkCell - not to UK - not for text messages
(7) To check how many FREE ones you have left do *123*1#
(8) To check how many REGULAR Kontours balance you have left - for text - for UK calls - for TurkCell calls if you wish after the FREE ones are gone *123#

İ have been doing this weekly for over a year now and it works perfectly every time - has saved me loads!

angelaturkey

KKOB - Yes it is confusing - İ am also confused - Must be the sun - Off to the beach now ... have a nice day and thank you all for your tips ... this Forum is GREAT ...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom