Help please !! documents for apartment
I have just paid the final payment less the final doc fees on an apartment thats almost completed (rains and bad weather have delayed the process)

What I would like clarifying please from all in the know is apart from the contract - tax numbers - bank account -and 150 ytl (translating of passports- i think because the guy said if you have so much as a parking ticket they can refuse you a residency in turkey?) I dont but that did seem a bit strange that we get to the point we have paid all our money and he comes out with that when i am sure the 150 ytl was to translate passports.

Sorry if that seemed a bit vague but that day i had been out all day picking tiles kitchen and looking at loads of expensive furniture that i did not buy. when they said they needed 150ytl and passports to "get them translated"

what other documents will i need to get and any idea of costs and time scales if any.
I am going back in July on a family holiday and hoping to get my keys then. just need to clarify what documents i need and at what cost if anyone knows (average)
I dont want to run out pay for furniture until i am sure they will not pull a plug on us because hubby is paying a fine for using a mobile while driving duhhh ! took to court to argue and lost getting a lot more fine than if he had just paid the ticket in the first place.

Any help or advice would be great.

crystalclear

Last edited:

Mushtaq

Administrator
Are you going for a residency permit or getting your TAPU, not quiet sure for what purpose you want the documents for.

JohnF

What I would like clarifying please from all in the know is apart from the contract - tax numbers - bank account -and 150 ytl (translating of passports- i think because the guy said if you have so much as a parking ticket they can refuse you a residency in turkey?) I dont but that did seem a bit strange that we get to the point we have paid all our money and he comes out with that when i am sure the 150 ytl was to translate passports.

Sorry if that seemed a bit vague but that day i had been out all day picking tiles kitchen and looking at loads of expensive furniture that i did not buy. when they said they needed 150ytl and passports to "get them translated"

You do *not* need a translation of your passport to obtain a tax number and you certainly don't need it to open a bank account.

Clarify the purpose before parting with any money.

JF

Vicky

Translation of passports are needed to transfer the utility accounts into your name on completion of the apartment (Tedas/aydem and the water board require them), this however is normally done at the time of you getting a power of attorney (which I presume you will have already paid for) for the actual purchase so I would check whether you have already obtainted them.

Plus as John says they are not needed to open bank account or to gain a tax number.

Vicky

A good point to remember if you do pay for a passport translation at the notary office, keep a photocopy (or a few) plus the date and time it was notarised. This way you'll have copies if other people need them along the way, and if by any chance you need an actual notarised one again (as opposed to a photocopy) you can go back to the notary office, give them the details when it was done and they wont charge you for the full translation again, maybe just a few lira for the actual signing of it.

Thank you all for your replies.

I had to get the tax number to open the turkish bank account that was done at the very start when i signed the contract and paid my deposit.
I then placed my money in the turkish bank and paid all my installments as agreed but completion was delayed due to weather conditions. So i dont have keys yet but should have when i am back in July.

i was originally given a purchase cost breakdown sheet and its thrown me a little as it says - on inspection visit (when we went to pick tiles and kitchen )
initial costs involved
translation of passport at cartography office: ? £40 per passport
Notary Costs: ? £65
Ministry of Defence Admin fee : ? £125 per person
Goverment Mapping Fee: ? £450

Final stage costs (at deed transfer)
Purchase tax ? 1.5% of purchase price
Deeds copied to new owners names ? £20
Land registry admin fee ? £10
EKP ( Education aid fund) ? £20
DASK (compulsory goverment insurance) ? £45
Utilities ( changing utilities in to our name ) ? £45

so apart from these listed and the on going annual payments for utilities council taxes, maintenance fees etc etc

****Can anyone see anything missing or wrong with the above - and i am a bit concerned that on inspection we only paid the 150ytl for i am sure was both passports to be translated we havent paid any of the other above. ***** ? ? ?

we want the apartment for us and a holiday let for the moment with a veiw to packing up England in the next few years and actually living there most if not all the year.

****I would like some impartial advice before hand that we have or will have all the proper documentation required and the fees are approx but good reflection of cost. I dont want to get there and be told i cannot live there or i will be fined for incorrect documents. ***** ? ? ?

Does any of this make any sense lol !!

sorry but i have been looking on your site and read about tapu , Ferdi iskan, crosses in Kat mulkiyeti , yapi kullanma and now i so confused i dont know if we will have the full required documents because my list above mentions none of these. ???
Also they have held off applying for the Ministry of Defence admin so far as they heard it was being removed soon and this would save us the £250 fee.
is this correct has it been removed or has it been mentioned for removal. and will it delay us being able to use the apartment if we havent paid for it yet.

thank you in advance
crystalclear

Last edited:
Bump !!

Can anyone knowing the purchase procedure shed any light on the above at all please ?
I am concerned that maybe there are other docs we need and the fact nothing so far apart from translating passports has been done or paid for i should say. We go over in July for holiday and i would like to get the keys then but not sure if at that stage we will have all docs in place for me to furnish !! .

thanks in advance
crystalclear

carolk

R.I.P
Crystalclear, I don't know if this helps but, the military permission has not been suspended - it should have been but has not, so you must still apply for it as far as I know.

The other posts you have read are telling you what documents need to be in order before parting with your money. Iskan (habitation certificate) the builder has to apply for this to say the place can be lived in, has been checked by the Belidiye and given a certificate, no hab cert = you cant live there legally. The Tapu for apartments come with boxes to be ticked Kat Irtifaki is only part of the process, the box to be ticked has to be Kat Mulkiyeti before Sept this year or fines are incurred. The process is not complete until the Kat Mulkiyeti box has an x in it which shows that your building has all the correct paperwork. Anything less than this is not correct, no matter who tells you it is.

I hope I have explained this properly as I am no expert. I hope this helps.

Karyn UK

Hi

It is a little unclear what you actually mean in your messages.

Have your agents applied for and received military permission for you to own the property? If you have not received military permission then the tapu cannot be transferred into your name. Until the tapu is in your name you don't own the property no matter how much you have paid. Obtaining military permission takes between four months and several years depending on how effective your agent is!

The payments due when the tapu is transferred into your name are the 1.5% transfer fee (which is 1.5% of the purchase price). Following this you obtain Dask insurance and transfer utilities to your name.

Perhaps you could clarify with your agents exactly what they expect to be doing with you in July - just handing over keys or actually completing the sale and transferring ownership to you?

Karyn

Thank you Karyn

Thats helped me heaps. The developers have delayed the MOD admin fee so far because it was talked about being removed. But it was worrying me as the apartment is just about completed I think they should be pushing for it to be applied for now in the hopes that come July that and the Tapu can be in place ... well living in hope anyway

crystalclear

Are you going for a residency permit or getting your TAPU, not quiet sure for what purpose you want the documents for.

I am enquiring as to which documents and fee's we would need to get still as this is an off plan apartment. It seems strange to me as i listed below your post the original quote of charges for the purchase of this apartment, but so far all we have paid is the 150ytl (which i am sure they said were for passport translation) but did get me wondering afterwards as the guy doing this said if you have a so much as a parking ticket they can refuse you (us) as I would have thought the translation of passports was just that and maybe the ministry fee which we havent paid would be the one to refuse us if we had a parking ticket outstanding.

Anyway what i was trying to get at is the apartment is all but complete and i have this list of fees but am begining to wonder if more than just a translation of passports should have been applied for by now.

Also looking at my list of fees I see them as just fees and not actually explaining what each bit does and if at the end of the day we will get all the documents we require legally. as my list does not say words such as Tapu , habitation, transfering of deeds etc etc.

We want all the documents legally in our name so we can holiday there and maybe let as a holiday let from time to time. with the veiw to moving and living there in a few years and when settled maybe selling that and buying something like a villa.

I do hope that has made my question on what exactly do we need document wise a bit easier to understand.

kind regards
crystal clear

Latest Posts

Top Bottom