bhn1

help please - children's health
Have been offered work in Istanbul (European side) but just wondering what the healthcare is like for kids? I've seen some horror stories about long queues and people getting ripped off - is this a general problem?:thanks:

alison09400

Have been offered work in Istanbul (European side) but just wondering what the healthcare is like for kids? I've seen some horror stories about long queues and people getting ripped off - is this a general problem?:thanks:

Children can be taken to the local Saglik Ocagi (Health Centre) to be seen by the Dr. I have yet to have any problems with our 3 children's health care ...and the youngest one was born here.

bhn1

Thanks - how expensive is the treatment and is the health centre capable of dealing with more serious medical complaints (or is it like the UK where they would then refer you)?

Sorry, forgot to also ask how good is their English?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chezbond

Do you have private medical insurance? If so I would recommend it...

The American hospital is very good and the doctors are some of the best you will find anywhere. Google it!

Some of the state hospitals can leave a little to be desired...overworked and underpaid staff.

lewknor

lewknor
As Chezbond so rightly says, the American hospital in Istanbul is first class. I spent 2 weeks after suffering a DVT episode whilst working in the city. Could not fault the treatment, however it was paid for by the company insurers. I would take out an all reaching medical cover if I were you.

bhn1

Many thanks - web page looks excellent - certainly better than some of the other private hospitals. Can't seem to find much about their child care facilities - how do they compare with others in the area?

Our baby was born three weeks ago at the International Hospital in Yesilyurt and we are taking her to the children's clinic there for normal check ups etc.

I really cannot fault the facilities or staff both for the baby and for whatever needs we have both had in the past. The facilities are world class as are the doctors

You really should have medical insurance. We are paying 1,175 per year for limitlees all cover insurance for our daughter

John

boxerpaul

bootneck
Hi im a single dad moving over to altinkum july 29th can you give me the number of the medical healthcare you use that price you quoted is great pease get back to me thanks paul newman

Both my wife and I and our daughter are insured with Koç Allianz. I have no complaints or problems with them at all. Even for things that are not covered by insurance we get appreciable discounts at private hospitals because we are insured with Allianz

Sunflower

I think a lot of the negative stories regarding health care are related to the state hospitals. I've been to two different ones and both times was less than impressed with the level of care. However, the private hospitals I've been to are a completely different story. The staff in them take an interest in you as a patient and do all they can to help. The company that has offered you the job - do they pay for private health care for their staff? I know quite a few do.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom