flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Help fruit trees
I need help with my fruit trees. I have been told that my trees leaves are curling and local agriculture office says vaccination ( pestecide) and fertilizer required. Any ideas what to give main problem seems to be lemon trees. I am not out till 17th oct so any help that you can give i can pass on.

Andy

Help fruit trees
It is leaf curl caused by the leaf miner moth. It usually happens about late August.

Spray it with Bayer Confidor insectide. Next year apply the insecticide to the trunk and around the base of the tree in the spring.

It is a systemic insecticide so it is absorbed by the tree and stays active for months. It certainly works on our trees.

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Help fruit trees
Any ideas about a general fertilizer to boost the soil nutrients. I dont really want to go down the chemical route but aknowledge that i must untill i live there and can start natural fertilization.

Help fruit trees
Have a word in your local chemical and fertiliser seller. They are all qualified agronomists, licenced by the government,

He or she may be able to help you get a soil analysis. The cost should be abou 20 lira for a general analysis.

If you let them know the types of use your garden is used for they will give you advice on what to apply.

For advice on any pests and diseases take a sample to the shop and the agronomist will advise on what treatment to use.

All chemicals sold in Turkey are approved by the government. It is illegal for the shop keepr to stock unapproved chemicals. These sellers are regularly inspected by government officers, who can close the shop down.

Last edited:

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Help fruit trees
Has anybody tried the old goat muck in water to give plants a tonic rather than spreading it.

pembelu

Help fruit trees
hi nope but i can find out via father in law and have cow muck for sale- by truck load if anyone interested.we are based in koycegiz-toparlar and they are fed well! 3 family cows busy doing what cows do....welcome to come see to check for quality....i havent a clue but im a middle man i guess in the poop selling buisiness....not really i just know they have some and am spreading :)-) the word..pls pm me if interested

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Help fruit trees
Thank you Apollo too, this sort of information is what I think this forum is about. I have been into various shops and got chemicals etc but never knew that they were government controlled. I have lived in Turkey for over five years and am still finding out things.

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Help fruit trees
Keep the suggestions coming re improving soil condition we are on a roll LOL any knowledge imparted will help others.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom