help bluescreen
can anybody help my pc is really on the blink last two days...but now ive got a bluescreen and it has a big pic warning about virus infection..and it wont go off either. ive downloaded loads of adware and spyware and anti virus stuff
..earlier on there were 4 large red x's near the time but ive got them off...dont know how mind. they were giving off messages saying they were going to download from windows etc...it was a scam...you clicked and nothing happened..then the whole preocess started agian. dont know if im making any sense...just get the bluescreen off and i'll be happy :lol:

juco

help bluescreen
If you have Windows XP try this....
Click on `start`
Then `all programmes`
Then `accessories`
Then `system tools`
Then `system restore`
Then backdate to before you had all the problems. (assuming you have system restore switched on)
Its worth a try and worked for me a few times.

help bluescreen
hi juco..many thanks..but the sly thing wouldnt let me turn the date back!!! so even that part was infected.
ive been all day uploading downloading inloading outloading offloading uploading...ooof ya...im out of breath worn out. i got some spyware adware trojan horse control i learned a lot i didnt know about lol
anyway i got rid of it..for now ...i have a feelng its out there lurking

juco

help bluescreen
It would be best to try and eliminate what may be lurking in the background. You can get help from the link below from their forums (you may have to register) They will guide you through any problems and get you to run logs if necessary and then analyse them for you and tell you the corrective action to take, step by step.

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/

ragbob

help bluescreen
Have you mnaged to run your anti virus software, if so, did you get the name of the virus, what is it. If not, start your PC in safe mode, usually done by pressing the F8 key as your PC is starting, just keep pressing the F8 button and it should start in safe mode, then run your anti virus. Hopefully you will be able to get rid of the virus or at least get you the name of it.

Once you have the name of the virus, use a friends PC and search for it using google or Yahoo. Or try

http://www.symantec.com/index.htm

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

If all else fails, reformat and install.

GL

help bluescreen
thanks Juco and Ragbob really appreciate your advice...im getting there...but how clever these things are once they get in...ive downloaded a good few things now and its like a new game.(challenge..hunt the worm virus trojan spy mal etc etc. its a new world lads....blue screen now gone...

poppy

help bluescreen
Hello if you have any computer problems in the future there is a microsoft certified systems engineer english guy living here, he is brilliant, will tell u in a few seconds what the problem is and his rates are brilliant, he had a really top job in the uk, he is a real whizz, name is alan he can be contacted via email if anyone needs his help

Latest Posts

Top Bottom