mafalda

Hello
Hello,

I recently joined the forum and would like to introduce myself: I am not permanently resident anywhere, but currently live and work in Jordan. This is about to change with my discovery of Dalyan. I have found a house with a potentially glorious garden, which I hope will become my future base. While I do not know where I will be moving to next, I look forward to knowing that I can always return to a beautiful, and what I hope will become a familiar, spot in Turkey. Having lived and worked in Turkey many years ago, I also look forward to re-immersing myself into "Turkish life" and brushing up on what I am told is embarassingly bad Turkish (although this still puzzles me). The forum has been a great source of information on buying property already. I am now able to understand what exactly is written on the tapu of the house I wish to buy and that it has, indeed (and thankfully), a habitation certificate. Thank you to all for sharing your advice and I look forward to learning and posting more in the future.

Mafalda

Tess

Hello
:roundgrin Hi Mafalda and a warm welcome to the Forum, enjoy :roundgrin
Good luck in your quest to settle in Dalyan, good wishes all goes well, the fact that you have joined the forum before you make a decision is fabulous, I wish I had found the forum first and armed myself with the super information available on here.

ChrisBobs

Hello
Hello and welcome Mafalda!
If you have even ' bad ' Turkish (I am sure much better than 98% here on the forum including myself!) you will be comfortable making your way around. Hope you enjoy your new found spot in Dalyan. On a winters day -you can tell us something about Jordan too- a place I am curious to visit.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hello
Hi Mafalda, welcome to TLF, and hope that your home purchase is successful, there's a mine of information on here.

martin m

Hello
Hi mafalda
Welcome to TLF, we recently had a interesting thread about wether or not introducing yourself was really worthwhile or not,my opinion was that it was polite and worthwhile, and your introduction confirms my opinion, again welcome aboard.
martin

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Hello
Hello Mafalda and welcome.
I agree with Martin in respect of introducing oneself, its polite and does help in getting to know people better.
Yours was a very informaative post, looking forward to hearing from you again, good luck with your purchase.

Harem

I've cliqued
Hello
Hi Mafalda and welcome to the forum. Good luck in your new home with its glorious garden.

mafalda

Hello
Thank you all for the kind welcome.

ChrisBobs, I can only recommend a visit to Jordan - quite apart from a vist to Petra. It is a country with unique and beautiful scenery, perfect for hiking, canyoning and discovering the desert. On a winter's day, I would be happy to tell you more.

Andy

Hello
Welcome to the TLF and yes a great intro indeed just wish everyone would do it.

Happy house hunting in Dalyan there are 2 very Popular emlaks who could maybe help you out in finding that right property of your dreams, good luck.

mafalda

Hello
Thank you, Andy. The house is already found - a re-sale from a private owner. I hope to be in Dalyan sometime soon to start the process at the tapu office. If things don't work out, however, I will for sure come back to you regarding the emlaks. I remember finding the number of emlaks in Dalyan quite overwhelming...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom