Lemonhead

Devil's Advocacy LLC
Hello to all
Happy belated New Year to everyone.

Hmm. The intro. I hope you've all had at least one cup of coffee. Well, ffwd to the part of my life pertaining to Turkey and I find myself maried to a wonderful Turkish woman for the over 7 years now. (That's 49 in dog years) We both have family in Turkey and spend summers at our home in the Mersin area. Our girls just love it and each summers end becomes more difficult to say good-bye. Probably like so many others, we've talked about moving to Turkey, kicked around ideas, planned out the perfect summer, and I'm still looking out of my window to a snow storm here in Chicago. Finally decided to quit all of the "talk" and do something about it after this last summer.

June will see my wife and kids enter the first phase of the relocation with myself to follow some time afterwards in the second phase.

I hope to depend on the folks in this forum to keep the few marbles I still have after the move. Although I've done more traveling than the average man, I still think I'll miss so many things and will feel the need for English communication.

Pina Coladas, walks in the rain, not into yoga and blah blah blah.

I'm really pretty normal. Trust me. Thanks in advance for all of the future help and support.

jewel

Hello to all
Hi Lemonhead welcome and what a great introduction.What time zone are you on compared to say the UK? I am assumeing your maybe 5-7 hours behind us.Dont think you are on your own in the snow,the UK also has its fair share at the minute, something we are not accustomed to. Hope you enjoy the forum. jewel x

Lemonhead

Devil's Advocacy LLC
Hello to all
Thanks Jewel. Sorry about your weather dilema in the UK. We're used to it here and chalk it up as another thing to deal with.

I have family in London and have spent some time in Essex at my uncle's home. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing the sun during those two months in Essex. Or in King's Lynn, or... I expect to see some sunshine here for the annual spring thaw. I'll see if I can get a bit extra on order for the folks accross the pond.

Tess

Hello to all
Wonderful intro Lemonhead, will really look forward to your posts now. Our time zones are very different, we are heading to bed now, 1st coffee soon. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy and good luck for your relocation, wonderful.

Gail

Hello to all
Lovely introduction to TLF and a big welcome from me, I hope we will be able tohelp you out in the future, you already have an advantage by being married to a Turkish Citizen. Good luck

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Hello to all
Welcome to the forum Lemonhead.

Wow! Looks like you've hit the Jackpot! 3 Mods in a row.

suzyq

Hello to all
Welcome to the forum and I'm sure it will prove useful, loved your post and look forward to future ones.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hello to all
Hallo Lemonhead, and welcome, great intro, I used to work with Andersen Consultants in my time in Government and our Graduates used to go off to Chicago, quite often on their training Sojourns. Look forward to your posts on progress when you make the move to Turkey, exciting move ahead, enjoy, and hope you have fun here.

Lemonhead

Devil's Advocacy LLC
Hello to all
I'd like to thank all for a very warm welcome. I have to admit, I had two reasons for joining the group, the first was hopes of gathering information from those with experience about relocating to Turkey; the "Do's & Don'ts". The other is quite selfish. After the move, it would be nice to have a small network of people that may be a great sounding board. Although I've been raised speaking Turkish, I'm still a foreigner during my time there, and for some reason unknown to myself, I just can't get my sense of humor to translate. Go figure. My dry, sarcastic, gallows humor results in a lot of blank faces and lengthy explainations of what I meant. I guess I'll never make it as a stand-up comedian and should look for another career in Turkey.

You're warmth is appreciated and reconfirms my reasons for joining. Hopefully, I will be able to add something of use to the group over time.

giglets

Hello to all
Welcome, Lemonhead.

Hope you enjoy the Forum - it is simply the best of it's type, no argument!
There is more knowledge, compassion and humour here, than you can shake the proverbial stick at!!
Get stuck in---you'll love it, mate.

Dave

Hello to all
Welcome to the forum L/H sure you will enjoy it, plenty of topics,arguements,discussions,and lots of usefull info, and I am sure you will make plenty of friends.

Cheers Peter

Latest Posts

Top Bottom