Hello, this is an intro ...
Hi, I have posted a couple of threads on the Uzumlu Forum but I think they are not actually Forum people there, very little response and very little seems to go on there. I think they must all be totally chilled out which sounds good to me!

On the other hand I read all the threads on the home page and I am amazed at what you all have to say from your advice, remedies, what and where - invitations to drinks, and even some of the downright rude comments etc etc - I find it all very illuminating, very interesting and very helpful at times.

As you have probably guessed, we are new to Turkey and Forums - our house completed in February and I would say, as mentioned above, judging but what some of you have gone through, we have been extremely lucky in our choice of estate agent, solicitor and our sellers.

It may have helped that I am a legal secretary (35 years) and this may have put them on their guard as the process is similar, much more straightforward, but similar, and I did try and conduct the matter in "the English way". I know when in Rome etc BUT!

Anyway, we are due for our first holiday this coming June with our family, one daughter, one son-in-law and one grandson - we are all very much looking forward to it, as you do, and of course our house/villa is in Uzumlu, actually in little village itself.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone, thank you for your entertainment via the Forum and thank you for all the information you have supplied me with - keep it coming.

I don't think I have actually grasped how this all works yet - we are Denise and Andy and we live in Kent - no retirement as yet - too young at the moment - but when we do, we hope that we enjoy our house/villa in Uzumlu and be able to spend months rather than weeks there in years to come.

suzyq

Welcome from me as well, hope you have many happy holidays in your new home.

Tess

Hi Denise and Andy, a warm welcome to the Forum, hope you continue to enjoy, there is plenty to read and anything you don't know or can't find, you only have to ask, enjoy!!!!

teresa

Free Thinker
Welcome to the forum and I think you will find much more to read here because it covers such a large area.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Welcome to the forum Denise & Andy, glad you like what you are reading. Now that you have introduced yourselves, get you hubbies photo on heRE for the TLF TOTTIES POLL, c'mon, don't be shy :77wu:

Jeannie

Cymru09

Phil
Hi Denise,
It seems were both in the same boat, we have just purchased also in Uzumlu and will be coming out in July with the children (Son aged 10, and daughter 13)
I havent done an intro yet but will get around to it soon.
Take Care
Phil

GnD

Hi Denise and Andy,

Nice first post. enjoy this on-line mag! Also, Kent and Dalaman so close-ish.

best regards
Debbie

Hi, to Harem - Ridundent spel cheker - ha!

I am from London and would qualify as an immigrant really - now living in Northfleet, which is near Gravesend. My husband was born and bred here in Northfleet.

Thank you to all you other repliers for you warm wishes and warm welcome to the forum - as far as pictures go - sorry but I haven't a clue how to attach any to the thread! All in good time I suppose.

Now I'll get on with the new threads that have been posted today.
Bye for now
Denise.

Hi, to Harem - Ridundent spel cheker - ha!

I am from London and would qualify as an immigrant really - now living in Northfleet, which is near Gravesend. My husband was born and bred here in Northfleet. Mind you I left London many years ago now so perhaps my first 21 years don't really count - its the last 25 years I have been in Kent.

Harem

I've cliqued
Well, Denise, I was born and bred in Erith, also near Gravesend!!! (Well quite, anyway). Moved down to Canterbury when I was 21 but commuted daily to London where I was, amongst other things, a legal secretary!!! (By other things, I mean, banking, insurance, accountancy - but always secretarial).

It is, as they say, a small world ...

I think you were the lady who was going to Uzumlu for a meal one evening - if you did go, perhaps you can remember what restaurant you went to and if the food was any good?

I worked for Lawrence Graham and Manches in the Aldwych for about 15 years - I have been working locally now for the past 5 years - got sick and tired of the ever increasing train fares and then the saga of getting coaches to and from London - 5 hours a day travelling and it costing a fortune helped me make the decision to get out of town.

I do not recognise your location - are you very far from Uzumlu?

Best regards, Denise

Thank you for your welcome - sorry but have no idea how to attach a photo - however, he is tall, dark (now silver fox) and handsome!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom