mrsteapot

Hello from MrsTeapot
A friendly hello to you all,

I joined this site only a few minutes ago. I wonder if any of you can help me? I want to invest some money into property and then to use it as a holiday home (probably only use it 3-4 times a year) then rent it out to friends etc at a low rent (to cover costs) at other times. I've been to Turkey twice (Side and Olu Deniz - much preferred Side and did lots of trips to all ancient sites etc. Also visited Fethiye etc). I am wondering if this is a good idea. PLUS due to chronic ill health I need a warm/hot climate to maintain my good health. Can anyone tell what time of the year the weather gets warm and how long does it stay. Also how cold can it get during winter? I would buy near the coast.

Many thanks (in advance)
Mrsteapot (apple tea - obviously!).

Anne

Hello from MrsTeapot
Can get really cold in Fethyie in the winter months, although a much shorter winter than here in the uk.
Anne

Gail

Hello from MrsTeapot
Welcome Mrsteapot:) Bodrum gets cold in the winter and very wet the last few years also but a doctor has told my friend who has just recovered from lung cancer that he is in the best place regarding the weather. We have got a place in Turkey which we have bought to live in but have started to rent it out this year, I'm choosy as to who goes in and up to now(touch wood;)) all seems to be ok.

Gail:)

lorraine

Non Active Member
Hello from MrsTeapot
Mrs teapot, Fethiye weather, the days from mid to end of March can be like a good spring day in southern uk, but expect rain, it then tends to get warmer but not hot until mid to end of May, upto then the evenings can be cooler so woollies or fleeces are needed. Mid October the days are still very warm but the evenings and nights feel much cooler. December is like a warm brisk spring day, evenings and night definitely need heating and woollies. Mid January gets colder, and expect alot of rain (and I mean alot) but with some good days right through to March.
It is no where near as cold as the UK at anytime, the coldest snap is just approx 8weeks January February.

puma

Hello from MrsTeapot
welcome mrsteapot ,my neighbours in fethiye, live there all year round, and said it got cold about ov16th at night but like spring during the day,good luck

mrsteapot

Hello from MrsTeapot
Thank you kind people for all those helpful replies. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you, only, I, er, ahem, cough, had to visit the resident psychiatrist on here before I was, um, able to return to you. (Nuff said!).

Thanks for the temperature chart - delighted to see it in F and not C (and hopefully not UK!;)) as I still can't get used to C.

Thanks for the lovely link to remind me how beautiful Turkey is and all the welcome's and hello's.

As regards the friend with the lung cancer you are not far wrong, though thankfully its not cancer for me, but it is a respiratory condition which is exacerabated by catching colds/virus esp in the autum/winter/spring months here in UK and also by temperature drops.
How do I find out which part is the steadiest climate in Turkey? (or more like warmest for longest)? Any suggestions. I was hoping to pop out at Xmas times for a few weeks to enjoy some sun, then Easter and part of the summer etc. Perhaps I've mislead myself. I was hoping for 70F wintertime. Maybe I should consider somewhere like cyprus (well Southern Cyprus really - NO OFFENCE to any Turkish people amongst you!), or Tenerife etc.

Thanks once again to all of you.

mrsteapot

mrsteapot

Hello from MrsTeapot
forgot to say to Gail that I too would be VERY choosy who I had in to rent. I guess its the fear of someone ruining your beloved home (or second home) or even the friends they might bring with them. I would always respect other people's homes - but not everyone thinks like that.

mrs teapot

teresa

Free Thinker
Hello from MrsTeapot
Hi Mrs Teapot

I loved Side as well and personally if you want year round warmth I think that is the area you need to head for. 12 month season and sunburn in January - can't be bad.

Good luck

Teresa

missmo

missmo
Hello from MrsTeapot
Hi Ive just joined and up to now have not contacted anyone. Your idea is great and same as our own. I have arthritus and want to spend the winter months in Turkey when we retire so we have bought now in Akbuk. Side side of Turkey is supposed to be warmer but I believe Bodrum side does not go below 16 at any rate it is warmer there at Xmas than in England.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom