Thyme

Hello from a newby
Hi all

I am here to find out a bit more about where to have a holiday in Turkey. Like the off the beaten track sort of holiday, or the quieter resort.:3:

Thyme

Martyn

Hello from a newby
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure one of the more travelled people will be able to help you.

Fastlady

Hello from a newby
hi Thyme,
welcome to the Forum. Have you booked your flights yet? There are many wonderful places to visit in Turkey - not all of which would suit the "Watneys Red Barrell & Fish n Chips" brigade...
Kalkan is beautiful, upmarket and uphill....and is well placed for visiting Kas and the underwater remains at Kekova
Dalyan is a riverside resort, with access to a wonderful beach by way of water taxi
but my favourite location is the Bozburun peninsula, just outside Marmaris. there are numerous small villages, with various standards of hotels in places like Orhaniye, Hisaronu, Selimye and Bozburun itself. Amazing scenery, superb swimming and sailing, fish restaurants, small hotels, pensions, and guest houses and best of all.....no tourists!!
Really, the choices are endless....but hope I've given you some food for thought

Janet

Karyn UK

Hello from a newby
Datca is apparently lovely, it's been on my visit list for a few years and I just havent had the time.

I actually live in Kirazli Koy which is just outside Kusadasi, lovely unspoilt village with a nice hotel (The Muses House) and very close to Ephesus, Virgin Mary's house etc but a world away from mass tourism.

We have some amazing walks around here and fantastic views and yet we're only 40 minutes from the airport at Izmir. Maybe worth considering.

Karyn

Hello from a newby
Hi Thyme, welcome to the forum. I have only visited a few parts of Turkey, Marmaris, Icmeler, Altinkum and Akbuk. I most enjoyed Icmeler and Akbuk as they are both set around mountains with beautifull views. Wherever you go in Turkey you will have a great time. What you have to do is list what type of holiday you require i.e bars and clubs, scenery, historic places etc. This will then help people recommend a area which will suit your requirements.:roundgrin

Tess

Hello from a newby
:roundgrin Hi and welcome to the Forum Thyme!! :roundgrin
Like some of the others I have only done, Marmaris, Icemeler, Akbuk and settled for Altinkum, I love it, I am happy there and out of town there are some lovely walks, villages, bays, coves, etc etc all waiting to be discovered.
Intentions are always good on holidays but somehow you get caught up and before you know it the hol is over. I have been there off season and I think that would be an ideal time, its cooler, not so busy, you are not wanting to spend every conceivable extra minute trying to top up the tan. If you have time to spare and time to enjoy, why not start at one side of the coast and work your way over!!! Wish I had the time and no work I would love to do it!! Enjoy, whatever you decide.:roundgrin:roundgrin

tomc1984

Hello from a newby
Hi, Would personally go for Yalikavak, bit of both worlds, quiet but busy in a funny sort of way.Not the 18-30 type, not the 24hr. party place, but very friendly and beautiful. We love it.

val2661

Hello from a newby
Thyme joined the Forum over a year ago. Deverhay is trawling posts at the moment, that's why this thread has popped up again.

Val

Top Bottom