Trevor

hello again you lot
well i havent been active on this forum for a loonngg time but i have been reading and enjoying it again - i cant do apple crumble though lol! thought i would reintroduce myself, my names lesley aka trevor - i am married to jai and we moved to altinkum just over a year ago, its been a year of ups and downs and as a behaviourist in a former life, frankly fascinating. having lived in a one horse town for years then moving to a holiday resort i have found the transitional way of life quite odd, disturbing at times, bizarre and touching. we survived the wettest winter in 36 years officially living in an igloo with our own west indian steel band playing on the roof when it rained, but we enjoyed meeting other ex pats and seeing the resort as it slept. drying clothes was a nightmare and heating the house too. then yay, the holiday season, and discovering that a resort full of tourists is irritating as hell when you are trying to live a normal life, prices hiked right up, scams in the shops and bars, trying to get on to a dolmus, half naked men and women in the supermarkets sweating over the fresh meat lol! but then my turkish neighbour danya, sitting under the trees cooking with other women filling their wheelbarrows with bread, and giving me a 'loaf' with wise old eyes that reflected a hard life but with a kindness that made my eyes fill up - priceless. and the old lady on the dolmus who stroked my face and said cok guzel over and over again. and july and august - omg! having never been here in those months was i prepared? of course not! i didnt know my knee caps could bubble up with sweat and dribble down my legs!! and then in september being sooo excited at going on holiday to england, used to being the other way round! shopped till i dropped! then coming back to discover we had lost our home - its a long story but the essentials are that it was sold on using a photocopy of the deeds. and we were wondering how we would occupy ourselves in the winter months - guess we might be a bit busy trying to sort things out eh? well enough of me rambling - has anyone in altinkum got a decent bedoin tent with an en suite we could rent???

trev xxx

Tess

hello again you lot
Hi Trevor and Jai, welcome back to TLF, so glad you came back to the fold.
Great post BUT - horrendous about your home !!!! I do hope something can be done, beggers belief!!! Do you know we have a Solicitor on the Forum who will advise you for a very reasonable fee, Celtic, you can find him on the Legal Forum, perhaps you are already dealing with this horrendous thing but if you need to contact him he seems very switched on and knowledgeable in all areas. I wish you Good Luck.

ted j

hello again you lot
Hi Lesley. Sorry to hear of your Troubles, god it must have been awful for you. Some friends of ours have a duplex in yesilkent if you can't get fixed up, i can ask them if they could do you a deal for a long let (That's if you can't get fixed up,) pm me if you can't get sorted. Ted

carolk

R.I.P
hello again you lot
What a lovely post considering whats happened to you!!! Sorry, don't have a tent to lend you.

On a serious note, do you have somewhere to stay Lesley?

Tess

hello again you lot
yes !!! to echo Carol, do you have somewhere to stay ??? What is your status on that, lots on here from Altinkum / Didim
maybe we can help ?

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
hello again you lot
Hi Trevor (Leslie), brilliant that we have a Leslie boy on board, we've got a troupe of Lesley girls on here, hehe.

Loved your positive attitude on your post, despite that horrendous experience of losing your home has happened, I don't know what to say, but there's one thing this forum rallies in times of crisis, people are so friendly and helpful, I'm so sorry that I can't help with your home, but I'm sure that someone will come along to offer a long term let, and meantime I hope that you can get this mess sorted. How can these human beings do this to decent folk beggars belief.

Lesley (er girl), lol

Trevor

hello again you lot
hiya all, thanks for your responses, its ok, we have friends who have offered their homes to us over the winter, the problem we have is that our apartment in hunters valley was part of the exchange, we still have that so we could move into there - but - our friends swapped into it with the b***ard that has screwed us and he sold their original property on with no contract or anything - he was their 'friend' (english i hasten to add) so we would have to evict them, you can imagine the stress of having to tell them they have lost everything. what a mess. mind you, the manager who sold it is turkish and he is a liar and a thief. pm me if you want to know who he is.

trev x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
hello again you lot
Flippin heck Trevor what a tangled web, I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but you get to know people and put your trust in them, it is an awful mess for you both.

ChrisBobs

hello again you lot
Like SS says, Trevor/Lesley .. what a tangle.... I hope there is a way forward in it all. Nice to see someone back on the forum too.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
hello again you lot
Hindsight, such an innoccuous word, such a terrible prevalence hidden behind its simplicity. If only it could be purchased.

Good luck guys, Steve.

hello again you lot
Paul, Chatty Cathy's husband here, It's a pity that you don't make crumble, especially as you would have looked nice in your nurse's uniform. To be serious both me and my wife would like to add to the support shown and like to say that we were inspired and uplifted with your positive posting. Having lived here for a while, we can understand how frustrating it can be sometimes, but you seem be taking in your stride. I'm glad that youv'e also seen the warm and welcoming side. Best wishes and good luck, Paul and Cathy p.s. glad you came back to the forum, look forward to seeing your future posts

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
hello again you lot
Wow Trevor / Leslie -- what a shame - why dont you name and shame the manager who did this to you - then more people can be aware of what can happen here !

Gail

hello again you lot
Hey Trev it's really great to have you back on here, I can't believe what has happened to you and Jai :mad2: If you want a little break away I know of a nice little place that will make you very welcome :bigkiss:

This one always reminds me of San :tigger:

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
hello again you lot
Hello to you both....or is it three of you ? Lesley/Leslie ? Trevor ? Jai ?:hmm:

So sorry to be a thicko. No matter, welcome back to you and such a lovely up beat post under the circumstances. I really hope it gets sorted for you soon.

Best wishes from another Lesley. :77wu:

Trevor

hello again you lot
oh dear, i am lesley the girl aka trevor, my husband is jai!! will keep you all informed as we go on, thanks for your support all, and gail, thanks - we may take you up on the offer over the winter xx

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
hello again you lot
:77wu: Oh dear pmsl, just goes to show how we read things, I should have guessed you were Lesley girl by your spelling.

:thanks:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom