Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Helicobacter Pylori bug
I've decided to share my complaint with you and here goes. For quite some time I've suffered with terrible stomach problems, I already have IBS and it does from time to time have worse days than others, but my stomach kept getting so bloated, that by the evening I couldn't get into anything, particularly around my waist line, (no not pregnant, lol), appetite, but felt sick and full up when I'd eaten as much as a mouse. Finally my regular Doc retired after many attempts with him to sort it, and a new younger Doc arrived and he mentioned this HPLRI BUG that's a bacteria that lives in your stomach wall, (not your gut), and I had all the symptoms of it, (I'd never heard of it), so off the blood test went and it was positive. Apparently 40% of the UK population have this blighter. No reason as to why/how you get it either.

Now I'm on a 10 day intense course of very strong antibiotics (4 times a day), and they hopefully will flush it out, from the water variety, tmi, so I'm not allowed to take any alcohol, but I had a wee G&T last night, so tonic water it has to be until next Wednesday when the course ends!!!

Has anyone heard of this bug, and any experiences would be welcomed.

My, we're certainly on a medical theme today.

Last edited by a moderator:

carolk

R.I.P
Helicobacter Pylori bug
Re: Hplri bug

Jeez no Sunny, never heard of it!! Yes it is a medical theme lol. Hope the meds work for you - and there am I, complaining about cramp in my toes!!!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Helicobacter Pylori bug

i suffer from the same bloated stomach ! but put it down to carling or at the moment stowfords press !

martin

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Helicobacter Pylori bug

Hey No Carol, we all have things that give us pain, and cramp is excruciating pain. This feeling in my tum is like a knotted up cramp like feeling. I'm hoping that the medication does it's magic for me, I can't believe how much tonic/juices etc I am drinking, but suppose that's the drugs, very very thirsty.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Helicobacter Pylori bug

Oh Dear lesley what a good pair we are today . Think we shoukd take a trip to one of them medical hotels in turkey !!!! lol in the sun with handsome waiter etc prob is i couldn't see him right now and you'd be in the loo and miss him !!!
So lets have a warm drink and go to bed , Hope you've got a GUZUNDER lol ...Diane

giglets

Helicobacter Pylori bug

Sunny Seasider,

Bug is called Helicobacter Pylori and is very common, as you have said.
You are undergoing Triple Treatment at present, containing antacids (called proton pump inhibitors) and antibiotics (such as amoxycillin), which is very successful at removing it.
I have a family member who was treated and it made a huge difference to her quality of life.
I also have IBS, but unfortunately, it is not caused by H.P., so cannot be so easily erradicted.
Good luck with your treatment and I hope all goes well!

Dave :3:

Tess

Helicobacter Pylori bug

My Mum had the helio bug and had a horrendous siege until diagnosed, but got the treatment and was great after, nasty old thing and takes a good strong dose of medication to get shot of it. Hope you are as Sunny as ever soon hon. Take care!!!!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Helicobacter Pylori bug

Sunny Seasider,

Bug is called Helicobacter Pylori and is very common, as you have said.
You are undergoing Triple Treatment at present, containing antacids (called proton pump inhibitors) and antibiotics (such as amoxycillin), which is very successful at removing it.
I have a family member who was treated and it made a huge difference to her quality of life.
I also have IBS, but unfortunately, it is not caused by H.P., so cannot be so easily erradicted.
Good luck with your treatment and I hope all goes well!

Dave :3:

Thank you Dave, that explains a lot, I'm on Clarithromycin, to kill do you agree, and Metronidazole, for the windies. You have made me feel good as it has been a struggle, always when I go out, got to be near to toilet facility etc;etc. I had a terrible flight home last week because of it. So after this 10 days, maybe it will be easier for me, I'm half way now, and it isn't as painful as it was.

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Helicobacter Pylori bug

My Mum had the helio bug and had a horrendous siege until diagnosed, but got the treatment and was great after, nasty old thing and takes a good strong dose of medication to get shot of it. Hope you are as Sunny as ever soon hon. Take care!!!!

Thanks Tess, I'm glad I've decided to share this, as I'd never heard of it, but so glad that this treatment should work. I can't wait. I'll not let it get me down tho', lol.

Mirazz

Helicobacter Pylori bug

My mam had h pylori and she picked the bug up whilst in hospital for something else! Her stomach goes really hard and the swelling starts just under the boobs, like she is 9 months pregnant. It really bothers her becasue she says that whatever little she eats she feels constantly full and sick. I feel really sorry for her.

GnD

Helicobacter Pylori bug

Never heard of this - Absolutely awful that you suffered for so long and the diagnosis was missed.

Keep up the fluids - at least tonic alone is far better than an ordinary fizz. You can imagine the gin if you try hard!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Helicobacter Pylori bug

Never heard of this - Absolutely awful that you suffered for so long and the diagnosis was missed.

Keep up the fluids - at least tonic alone is far better than an ordinary fizz. You can imagine the gin if you try hard!

Thank you, I've even got a slice of fresh lemon in, lol. Yes my Doc kept giving me all the usual tablets for IBS, it's been awful.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Helicobacter Pylori bug

I was diagnosed with it about 20 years ago and the treatment cleared it up within a week or so. Apparently 50% of the world's population carry it.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicobacter_pylori]Helicobacter pylori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Helicobacter Pylori bug

Lesley hope you feel better soon.
I suffer from IBS so can only imagine how bad this must be for you on top of what you already have!
Gecmis olsun

Tess

Helicobacter Pylori bug

Hi All, I wonder does this old helic bacter bug target the folks vulnerable with IBS, as I said previous my Mum had the bug and she is plagued with the IB Syndrome also. I suffer a little from IBS, just when I get highly stressed, but thankfully haven't developed that old bug.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Helicobacter Pylori bug

Thank you all so much for you wishes and advice that it will eventually disappear, 5 days on the biotics left and counting, lol. I was interested to read KKOB Alan of your plight with this, my doc, told me that it is mainly women that are affected, lol, but just goes to show eh.

Lesley
xx

Last edited:

Tess

Helicobacter Pylori bug

Lesley I do think I have heard that too, mostly women, but then again - we are the better sufferers LOL!!!! Down Boys !!!!! No need to respond !!!! But, a guy at my work had it, really really bad - even I felt sorry for him LOL!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom