butt007

Warren
Heinz salad cream
We have lived here over two years now and after fruitless searching I have never been able to find Heinz Salad Cream?? We have tried....Kipa, Metro, Migros, Tansas, Carrefour.
H.P Sauce, various Heinz Sauces and Ketchup yes, but no Salad Cream, I hate lettuce etc without it so anyone any ideas please, please, salivating in anticipation.
Warren:37::37:

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Heinz salad cream
I make my own and even if I say so myself it is pretty good. Anyone want the recipe just ask

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Heinz salad cream
It's sold in Tugcem Gida in Fethiye. It's about twice the price of the UK, but it's worth it, especially for making egg and cress sarnies !

Guz1

Heinz salad cream
I couldn't find any salad cream in Kusadasi last week. Can't have mayonnaise so would appreciate the recipe for future trips.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Heinz salad cream
OK for all you salad cream lovers here is the recipe

Ingredients.

1 flat Tablespoon English mustard powder
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
half teaspoon salt
half cup of vinegar - white wine.
Cream as required

Mix mustard, sugar, flour and salt together, add the eggs and then the vinegar. Stand bowl over boiling water and stir until it thickens. Then allow to get completely cold. Then add the cream until you get the thickness required.

This is supposed to last up to one year. I always double up the quantity (or more) and have kept it in my fridge for a number of months and it has been fine.
Over the years I have adapted the quantities to suit our taste, if I double the quantities I find that the vinegar and mustard become a little bit too over powering so up to your taste buds.

I am sure that you will like this it is so easy to make and well being British we love salad cream.

Guz1

Heinz salad cream
Thanks, Rosewall, for the recipe. Do you know whether it would make a difference if I were to use cornflour instead of wheat flour?

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Heinz salad cream
I have no idea about cornflour but if you are wheat intolerant then you can get Gluten free flour here in Turkey.
I would think that cornflour would thicken it too much.

Harem

I've cliqued
Heinz salad cream
Mayonnaise!!!!! On egg and cress sandwiches !!

Are you completely mad woman ????? :wink: :doh: :wink:

Well, yes, I have been told on numerous occasions that I am quite mad - but since I don't use the stuff anyway .......................

Bubskar

Heinz salad cream
Salad Cream all the wayyyyyyyyyy. As a kid I used to spread it on bread and butter.

If I have a bottle in the fridge it doesn't last long - love it on most things. KKOB you are absolutely right - can't have egg sandwiches without it.

My friend has 3 big bottles in her fridge at the moment and as much as I made huge hints about loving the stuff her generosity only went as far as slathering it on the sandwich we were making at the time. She's not stupid - you can be as generous as you like but when it comes to your favourite things selfishness kicks in:10:

Heinz salad cream
My favourite supper when I was a kid was ready salted crisps mashed up with lashing of salad cream, yum! every else in the house would be heaving as I sat there with a bowl full munching away.

Jane

GnD

Heinz salad cream
We have heinz salad cream in Koycegiz also Dalyan

Oooh which shops, my suitcase can be lightened!!!!

My favourite supper when I was a kid was ready salted crisps mashed up with lashing of salad cream, yum! every else in the house would be heaving as I sat there with a bowl full munching away.

Jane

Ha try same as a sandwich but with crisps spread evenly over buttered then salad creamed bread !!! Ooooh who just said " I was dragged up with no class!!" :p

Last edited:

butt007

Warren
Heinz salad cream
Thanks for the recipe Rosewall1, I will have to try it, as I said down here in Konakli, and Alanya, just totaly unobtainable, just shelves full of Mayonaise,...yuukk
Warren

Latest Posts

Top Bottom