Andy

Heavy Snow Coming
Tuesday February 6, 01:59 PM

Britain is about to plunge into wintry mode with heavy snowfalls predicted in some areas of the country, the Met Office has said.

People in south and mid Wales have been told to expect up to 15cm of snow - around six inches - tomorrow night and Thursday morning.

Up to five centimetres - around two inches - has been predicted for London and southern England on Thursday. Snowfalls of up to 10cm, or nearly four inches, could hit areas of high ground.

Weather forecaster Paul Knightley said cold air from the north mixing with an active mild weather system from the Atlantic would bring the snowfalls.

There have already been small snowfalls in the South West and tonight parts of eastern England will see some snow showers.

"On Wednesday night and Thursday morning a much more active weather system comes in from the South West," he said.

"Overnight Wednesday and Thursday morning are going to see quite a significant band of sleet and snow into south west England and South Wales and eventually by morning across much of Wales into the Midlands and into the London area and southern England as well as the South East.

"The snow will be potentially disruptive in London because it is predicted for rush hour and is going to cause some significant disruption, I think.

"It will probably be some of the heaviest snow in the last couple of years in the London area."

:53:

jcrian

Heavy Snow Coming
Thanks Andy will have to get the camera ready.I'm not sure the sheep and lambs will enjoy it tho' :2:

thunderstorm22

stevie wonder.
Heavy Snow Coming
hey
and yes so i ve bloody heard! i ll be out working in it i used to love it then when i had to start clearing it for old ladies on my first ever job it was a nightmare i mean after falling on your arse a few times its no more fun! lol but i do enjoy a good snowball fight i think i remeber one time mum was in the bath here and i got a bucketful of snow and guess wat i dumped it in with her do you think she was happy? nooo i had to leg it tho i still couldnt belive how fast my mother could move!!!
hope you all have fun with your snowmen and snowwomen only difference is snowballs!!
aj x

keep smiling :)

ROYREME

Heavy Snow Coming
You would make a good weather reader Andy,thanks .Glad to see nothing forcast for the NW,you are welcome to the snow down south Brrrrrrr

Heavy Snow Coming
its still bloody cold here in Alanya..although day time is sunny come 5pm and head for the soba...parts of turkey are snow bound.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Heavy Snow Coming
aaah Shirley, some Turkish weather information is most welcome because I thought I'd strayed into the UK Living Forum there for a minute heheh

Sorry Andy, I'm just being pedantic - keep her lit......

C

Andy

Heavy Snow Coming
:hehe: :hehe: No Problem Ceemac.

No snow yet Shirley, it's expected at 5 - 7am
Thursday just in time for the rush hour traffic.

sungirl

Heavy Snow Coming
Oh yeah terrific and guess where i am going tomorrow LONDON grrrh not a happy bunny, would prefer to stay in sunny Noriwch but a girls gota do what a girls gota do, all in the name of work. Im just hoping they are all wrong ( I can dream) Ha Ha :29: :2:

ade

Heavy Snow Coming
ihave just warned my branch managers in Bristol and Northampton as they will have 5 vans out on the road between them tomorrow. as a country we dont cope well in snow as we are not really geared up for it.

BRUSANDRA

Heavy Snow Coming
started snowing here last night love to watch it fall and especialy when its night and the lamps are on . sandra

Gail

Heavy Snow Coming
Make the most of it Sandra you will soon be on your big adventure of moving to Turkey and unless you travel further north I don't think you will be seeing any snow in Altinkum. :wink:

Heavy Snow Coming
Some Turks go up to the mountains collect snow..bring it home and pour grape mollasses over it and eat it..ive seen Yusufs father doing it..he thinks it makes him strong!!

Gail

Heavy Snow Coming
shirleyanntr said:
Some Turks go up to the mountains collect snow..bring it home and pour grape mollasses over it and eat it..ive seen Yusufs father doing it..he thinks it makes him strong!!

How wonderful Shirley.

I have just looked at the forecast for Bodrum and they have rain for the next 4 days, I think they have been waiting for this as they haven't had much rain this winter.

Andy the snow is still forecast
Thursday Twickenham - heavy snow 1°C

Heavy Snow Coming
The sky is so blue here in London I really can't imagine snow today.... but it is very cold. I had to scrape the ice off the inside of the car this morning, much to the delight of my 8 year old! (Why do boys have such a warped sense of humour)!

wiuru

Heavy Snow Coming
Well Andy i only hope that it doesn't travel any further than the Main Land, I am starting my new job which involves driving and i am terrified of snow and ice!!!!! I crawl along at ten miles an hour and am a hazard itself on the road (while the snow and ice is there), lol

Anne..xx (Northern Ireland)

Andy

Heavy Snow Coming
UPDATE

Heavy snow warning prompts travel concerns

Heavy snow is expected across the south of England

Up to 15cm of snow - around six inches - could fall in the south of England and mid Wales in the next 24 hours, forecasters are warning.

Forecasters issued an early severe weather warning on Tuesday.

Up to five centimetres - around two inches - of snow is predicted for London.

Paul Knightley, forecaster for MeteoGroup UK, the weather division of the Press Association, said cold air from the north mixing with an "active'' mild weather system from the Atlantic would bring the snowfalls.

"On Wednesday night and Thursday morning a much more active weather system comes in from the South West,'' he said.

"Overnight Wednesday and Thursday morning are going to see quite a significant band of sleet and snow into south west England and South Wales and eventually by morning across much of Wales into the Midlands and into the London area and southern England as well as the South East,'' he said.

"The snow will be potentially disruptive in London because it is predicted for rush hour and is going to cause some significant disruption, I think.

The Met Office issued an early warning of severe weather.

Drivers were being advised by the Highways Agency to check weather forecasts and road conditions before they travel.

The agency said yesterday that 400 salt spreading vehicles were on stand-by.

England's motorways and major A-roads will be treated with salt before the snow arrives and work to treat and clear the roads would continue throughout the cold snap, it said.

Road users should check weather forecasts and road conditions before they set out and listen to travel bulletins while they were on the road.

The agency has advised against travel if the weather is severe.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom