andy118

Heat brings out the snakes
My wife was over at our Apartment last week whilst she was there in our complex came across a Snake around the grounds, she does not know what type, a neighbour called council who came and got rid of it and sprayed around the area.

Lindacm

My wife was over at our Apartment last week whilst she was there in our complex came across a Snake around the grounds, she does not know what type, a neighbour called council who came and got rid of it and sprayed around the area.

Yes, there are a lot around at the moment. From what I've heard, the brown ones are poisionous.

teresa

Free Thinker
Friends found a small bright blue snake with yellow hoops in their garden - any ideas? It was curled round a Jasmine plant. I have tried to find something about it on on the internet but no joy.

Gin&Tonic

I live on a Sitesi in Didim and yesterday my neighbours had a snake in their toilet !!!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Doesn't sound like any of the normal Turkish snakes.

Did they get a photo of it ?

teresa

Free Thinker
Unfortunately not and it was a pity, I think the reaction was to chuck it out and then think about what it was later. I said I had never seen it mentioned on here when snakes had been discussed.

Electric blue was the colour given, I wonder if it was an escapee as it does sound exotic.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The only snake I can think of in electric blue is a Shelby Cobra. They're exotic and very fast.

maggie

Not only does the heat bring out the snakes it brings out the scorpions too.!!

One in the kitchen sink(drowned it)
One under the bath yet to see it rear its ugly head again.

Snakes all over the place here in Akbuk only yesterday reports of a big black one near our Lokanta on the sitesi.!!!!A small browney green one wriggled out at me by the Derby hotel last Friday.YUK>!!!!!!

Hugs Maggie xxx

labman

Maggot, now you're scaring me, it was the bit "there all over the place here in Akbuk" What do you mean when you say "all over" Im about 100 from the main town???????

LM

Friends found a small bright blue snake with yellow hoops in their garden - any ideas? It was curled round a Jasmine plant. I have tried to find something about it on on the internet but no joy.

this was probably one that had just shed its skin as the colour is brighter then and reverts to normal later..probably a dark geen with yellow hoops.

maggie

Maggot, now you're scaring me, it was the bit "there all over the place here in Akbuk" What do you mean when you say "all over" Im about 100 from the main town???????

LM
Lol Labman,

Not meaning to be scaremoungering but yes snakes can be any where!!!!

But mostly on waste ground or in the woods.
Just be aware when out and about but as Shirley said dont let it ruin your time here.

Like the way you call me Maggot used to be my Nickname at school.!!!! Hugs Maggie xxx

Summertime

Golden Girls
Oh, my Good, snakes any where, even in the toilet.... And I live on ground floor..
This really scares me.
Dont think I will come back when it is hot, think I wait until octber.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
I don't want to jinx myself but i have never seen or heard of scorpions being in houses on our sites. I'm sure you would hear my screams if it did happen though. how do they get in? We have mossie nets on every window and door on all the properties is this maybe why or have we just been extremely lucky? Either way, i'm greatful for smal mercies.

Regarding the snakes. I would be scared but they deserve to be here too. We had one on Diamond a few weeks back and it had just come in for a drink i think as we had the sprinklers on. I watched it slither back out the gate after 5 minutes, no harm done.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom