Hilsjw

Health Insurance
We use Liverpool and Victoria which have been good. We are both over 70 and I have COPD. Another one is Explorer Travel Insurance. Go and look on one of those comparison sites, they are good too.

Health Insurance
Also recommend LV, we have health problems and have an annual with them for 90 day cover. Have claimed from them in the past and been excellent

akbukowl

Health Insurance
Thanks for your answers I am looking for heath insurance to cover me in Turkey not travel insurance

Ken Grubb

Health Insurance
The Sosyal Guvenlik Kurumu (SGK)'s Genel Sağlık Sigorta (General Health Inusrance) accepts people at any age. But you have to live in Turkey for at least one year to join. Just take your current residence permit card, and a copy of your previous one (if the current one doesn't show one year of residence) to any SGK office and you can join the plan. I don't think any of the private insurance companies will cover anyone over 65.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Health Insurance
The Sosyal Guvenlik Kurumu (SGK)'s Genel Sağlık Sigorta (General Health Inusrance) accepts people at any age. But you have to live in Turkey for at least one year to join. Just take your current residence permit card, and a copy of your previous one (if the current one doesn't show one year of residence) to any SGK office and you can join the plan. I don't think any of the private insurance companies will cover anyone over 65.
I think they now have a requirement for a medical, and exclude pre-existing conditions. This is since I joined so I don't know details, and could be completely wrong!

Ian

akbukowl

Health Insurance
We are going to apply for residency and are over 65 and I have pre-existing health conditions,so I'm looking at the most effective way of caring for my health

Top Bottom