Nigel517

Health Advice
Hi im pretty sure that i have developed a kidney infection. The left side of my lower back is very sore and makes it hard to breathe and move around. Ive had one about 30 years ago.
We are in a Turkish area on holiday and ive no idea where the doctors are. The infections are usually treated with antibiotics. My question is will the local pharmacy issue them.

Thanks Nigel

LauraB

Health Advice
Hi Nigel. Pharmacies cannot now prescribe or issue antibiotics without a prescription. If you are in a holiday area anyone local will point you to the nearest doctor......and probably take you there as well. Geçmiş olsun.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Health Advice
Look around for a health centre or polyclinic, if you don't find one go to the local hospital.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Health Advice
There is a "Çandarlı Semt Polikliniği" outpatient clinic one road back from the sea front in the town. Do a google map search with the text I have printed.

Ian

Last edited:

shash

shash
Health Advice
Hi im pretty sure that i have developed a kidney infection. The left side of my lower back is very sore and makes it hard to breathe and move around. Ive had one about 30 years ago.
We are in a Turkish area on holiday and ive no idea where the doctors are. The infections are usually treated with antibiotics. My question is will the local pharmacy issue them.

Thanks Nigel

Make sure you drink plenty of water . Up to 3 litres per day.

Nigel517

Health Advice
Thanks for all the replies. I drove to Dikilli to a clinic l only to find it was shut (showed it as being open on thr internet. ) . In desperation I went to the local hospital emergency section. I was seen almost immediately. Taken through to an examination suite where the doctor saw me within five minutes . He though it was muscular and not a kidney infection but took some bloods anyway. A very uncomfortable wait for just over an hour and my blood results showed the infection. Two lots of tablets were prescribed and this morning i feel so much better. I can breathe easier and i dont feel like i have a slipped disc anymore.
The hospital were quick and effecient and very cheap. 200 tl for the examination plus 66 tl which I presume was for the blood tests. Bargain.
Thanks again for everyones help and advice .

kemerkid

Bystander
Health Advice
What was the name of the hospital Nigel, I have been to several hospitals in Izmir and I am going to the 9th of September in a few weeks but it is always useful to have knowledge of everywhere available.
I hope you get well asap, best wishes.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom