Hawthorn Karaca-Turgetries
Does anyone know the 5 star Hawthorn Karaca hotel?
my friend has seen an all inclusive holiday in April for only £259.
She would not normally book AI but at that price!! I don't know Turgetries very well.

Helenm150

Super hotel with spectacular views and big swimming pool - I have visited a few times for Sunday brunch - sounds excellent value for money.

bluntcrayon

Has anyone got any more info on this hotel? I have looked at Tripadvisor and all but one recent reviews good, website photos look fantastic, but is so cheap I think there must be a catch!!? £400 for 2 people 7 nts 5* all-inclusive seems very very good value if it is as nice as it looks... we are looking at going mid September so not peak season, will it still be hot?

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
I think the only problem is that it sits very high up away from town and this might cause problems with no transport, however it is AI so maybe you wont want to go into town and in any case there is a local bus and taxis are reasonable, I would say to walk down into town is about 15/20 mins but back up probably nearer 40mins and its quite steep up there, hence the spectacular views. Bluntcrayon, mid September is fabulous here still hot enough to sunbathe and swim although maybe at night you will need a jacket....go for it at that price what have you got to lose?

bluntcrayon

Thanks Babs! Someone on the Tripadvisor forum said about 7-10TL for a taxi back to the hotel from town (£3-4?) and the hotel apparently runs a shuttle too. At that price we can afford to take a few taxis!! :D

ChrisBobs

Who is...was ( thanks Ray!) selling it now ?
Even if a holiday is a bit more, it still is a spectactular spot, Just the views mean a hill! I thought it did change ownership - so am surprised if it is still called Hawthorn Karaca?

bluntcrayon

Thanks... I originally saw the deal with 2bookaholiday.com (via Travelzoo weekly email) but then found it even cheaper on Alpharooms. In the end we have gone for 10 nights 5* AI + flights + transfers £500pp. 9-19 September. Can't waaaaaiit :D

bluntcrayon

Oh and I meant to say the 2bookaholiday.com info called it 'Bodrum's most exciting new all-inclusive resort' and 'Grand opening offer' so it sounds like it has changed hands, there are lots of reviews on Tripadvisor from 2007 and some from 2010 but none in between, I thought that was a bit strange??

Its lovely there just a few hundred yards from my villa, its not to bad to walk to either so long as you do not have loads of shoppingLOL

It was open in early April when i was opening my place for the summer.

I think it has had a change of name but cannot remembr now what it is called.

cweir

My aunt and uncle arrived last Monday and were booked in at the Hawthorn Hotel. They and 15 other guests were transfered to the Mandalinci on arrival due to over booking at the Hawthorn. Not a very good start to the holiday season!!!!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
oh I would much rather be in the Mandalinci (unless of course your room overlooks bar street. lol) right in the middle of town right on the beach and a fantastic pool, my choice

eyes

The Karaca is now owned by the same people that own the Mandalinci. It is no longer a 5 star hotel. The current information on the hotel in brochures and on the internet is incorrect. There is only one restaurant and one OUTSIDE bar!!! The food is dire, no meat at all. People are still being sent to the Mandalinci due to "overbooking". The only posisitve thing to say about this hotel is that the rooms are great!!!!!!

bluntcrayon

It is being ripped to shreds by this season's guests on Tripadvisor :( we got a really cheap deal but sounds like we haven't paid over the odds!! I've never gone AI before so not expecting much and don't intend to eat in the hotel in the evenings anyway... hope it isn't as bad as it sounds!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom