Camden

Have they Finally Got to Salman ??

Salman Rushdie stabbed onstage at New York state event​

Many Muslims accused Rushdie of blasphemy or unbelief and in 1989 the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini of Iran issued a fatwa ordering Muslims to kill Rushdie. Numerous killings, attempted killings, and bombings resulted in response to the novel. The Satanic Verses,

B&B

Whispers are he got it in the neck. Don't know current condition. Not good at his age.

Mushroom

He made millions from his book, which I don't care about, but got himself Police protection in the UK for years at taxpayer expense without making a contribution.
Personally, I thought his follow up book "Buddha, the fat bastard" was a better effort.

Hilsjw

Yes, I always wondered why he got police protection when he left the U.K. to live in the U.S. Yet another waste of tax payers money. Let's hope he's got plenty of medical insurance - oh wait e mo' perhaps when he's fit enough to fly he will return to the U.K. !!!

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
He wrote the books its his problem not the tax payer's.

Kanga

Why should we be dictated to by some religious fanatic who wasn't even born when the book was written?
Free speech is priceles, small minded bullies are just that, small minded, ignorant, and full of their own sh£t.

Why should we be dictated to by some religious fanatic who wasn't even born when the book was written?
Free speech is priceles, small minded bullies are just that, small minded, ignorant, and full of their own sh£t.
It’s an attempted murder, no ifs, no buts.
Life awaits him......in prison.

Maisie

BBC are reporting that Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged. Currently he is on a ventilator and cannot speak.

Whatever your leanings and inclinations, this is an horrific attack. No reason for the attack has been made public. But maybe it has to do with the fact that there is still a price on his head due to the fatwa issued by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini when Rushdie's book was first published.

Maisie

Camden

JK Rowling working with police after receiving a threat following Rushdie , sharing a screenshot of a tweet a user had written “don’t worry you are next"

Kanga

If the best they can do is hide behind a screen there's not much to worry about.

Jaycey

African Refugee
A fatwa can only be recalled by the person that instigated it, and if that person has died it cannot be cancelled. Khomeini died some years ago so the fatwa remains 'live'..

NewYorker.jpg

Ayatollah Khomeini Never Read Salman Rushdie’s Book

mollag

Kipper restorer
I dont wish Rushdie ill, but remember, people are still murdered regularly for their religion/ sexuality and skin colour in our own dear country, it's just, they aren't celebrities :(

mollag

Kipper restorer
I think he was the author of the Aero " unforgetabubble" adverts. He dont impress me much.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom