red

Have any of you been on other forums relating to Turkey?
I've been googling a lot recently trying to get cheap flights (no luck) and the links I have been directed to via google!!!! I ended up wasting loads of time as the links were so funny or strange. I hadn't realised how many forums there were, as I found this place by chance.

On one of them there is loads of posts warning erm women about Turkish men etc, I was dying to join just to say "I take it you aren't from the north - erm the planet etc etc etc" but thought better of it as they say - people have to make their own choices, and also I'm really not interested in which bar has the best dance music.

but it did amaze me how many forums there are!!!

How come I found nothing last Oct when I wanted information now forums pop up all the time when I google? Does anyone know why?

thurstan

forget google just go to lastminute.com for flights

Thurstan

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
red said:
How come I found nothing last Oct when I wanted information now forums pop up all the time when I google? Does anyone know why?
It is likely that you have information stored in your computer memory that knows where you have been and is finding similar sites.
Assuming you are using Windows, go to Accessories and then to Disc Cleanup and clear all the memory store.
If it is still a problem run an anti-virus and anti-spyware prog to clean out any programs that are tracking what you are doing.

Ian

red

immac said:
It is likely that you have information stored in your computer memory that knows where you have been and is finding similar sites.
Assuming you are using Windows, go to Accessories and then to Disc Cleanup and clear all the memory store.
If it is still a problem run an anti-virus and anti-spyware prog to clean out any programs that are tracking what you are doing.

Ian

Thank-you, that explains it, I was puzzled, yet it's a bit scarey though: the PC KNOWS me!!!!!!!:)

red

andy brown said:
Aegean flights have some good deals

:) not for me they don't!! I even e-mailed them asking about their offers , got a nice reply too but it still didn't help!

ian thanks for the tip..i just had a look and wow..it was FULL!!..all tidied up now thanks.
Red...i'm nosey..just where were those sites..heheh

red

shirleyanntr said:
ian thanks for the tip..i just had a look and wow..it was FULL!!..all tidied up now thanks.
Red...i'm nosey..just where were those sites..heheh

Hi Shirley - I can't remember their names but one was all in PINk and full of girly (as in teenager) chat, one was about Kusadasi (sp?) and seemed OK apart from a few threads that I'd have loved a few years ago - must be an age thing. They were way too distracting and indulgent!!!! a bit like reading a magazine while the house is a mess typeof thing:)

Last edited:

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Goldtrail and flythomascook are good for flights.

As for Turkish forums there are dozens on MSN Groups most of them to discuss fellas and some very entertaining. One is for the loved-up, another for those who have been ripped off - there are even groups set up purely to take the p**s out of other Turkish groups. İ used to read them a lot but gave them up over a year ago when they seemed to have been abducted by mindless teenagers (no offence to those that enjoy them -you know who you are :) )

P

Paul&Linda

Airflights.co.uk list onur air, thomas cook flight etc and well planned site. I also look at flightplanners.co.uk

Latest Posts

Top Bottom