beastofbodrum

BEASTOFBODRUM
Has nobody ever eaten at Sofis Agean Cuisine?
Just returned home from Yali and amazed to find that 'the best meal in Yalikavak' still lingers on!
But...................for the record of course.....................here are my top resturants with marks out of ten.
Sofis Agean Cuisine 10
Dede 10
Kosede 9
Secret Garden 9
Capers 7
Three Brothers 7
Mustis 7
Morgul 3
Cakiroglu 2
All the above has been based on Food, service, choice, waiting staff, waiting time, cleanliness, toilets, amd ambience.

So there you have it. Some good, some not so good, but all in all an honest opinion.
I must give a real big mention to Sofi's on the sea front as this is my second mention of this resturant in as many postings, but for me when you have spent all your hard earned cash on your summer holiday you need to be getting the best deals on your evening meal and Sofis have produced this on a regular basis for me. Superb sea food dishes, excellent Pasta dishes, mouth watering steaks, and a one of the few places where your side salad is not dripping in whatever dressing the chef decides to knock up that night, but dressed to how you like it. In my case just plain and simple with nothing on it whatsoever. Absolutely astonishing food.
And all of the above also applies to Dede's, which without a shadow of a doubt, has the friendliest atmosphere in Yalikavak. Bar none!
I can't believe there are no other mentions of it on this thread.
Oh dear, I suppose that has kept this damn thing running for another millenium.

That was not the original thread about eating in Yalikavak, that original one was started by Sunnyseasider and Dede's was mentioned by me( fab king prawns in garlic) as well as others Yalides for one! I think I have also mentioned Sofis as being very nice, the only one of your list I have not been to this year is 3 Brothers! and in my opinion Morgul is worth more than a 3 but I would agree with Cakiroglu's 2.

Last edited:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
That was not the original thread about eating in Yalikavak, that original one was started by Sunnyseasider and Dede's was mentioned by me( fab king prawns in garlic) as well as others Yalides for one! I think I have also mentioned Sofis as being very nice, the only one of your list I have not been to this year is 3 Brothers! and in my opinion Morgul is worth more than a 3 but I would agree with Cakiroglu's 2.

Generally agreed.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I don't agree with a numeric rating, as everyone has different tastes, as said all of those mentioned have been mentioned on favourite eateries thread many times. Maybe it's your line of work to go out eating and give a *** rating, but each to their own.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
I don't agree with a numeric rating, as everyone has different tastes, as said all of those mentioned have been mentioned on favourite eateries thread many times. Maybe it's your line of work to go out eating and give a *** rating, but each to their own.

Haha, of course, love to be paid to do it.....:brushteet

Akasya

Postless Pointer
By and large i am very disappointed with choice and variety in Turkey, honest opinion i thinks Sue at Morgul offers good variety and great cuisine / service. In so many other so called restaurants you could recite the menu without seeing it. I don't buy this authentic Turkish cooking rubbish. Just because i am in Turkey i must religiously consume Traditional Turkish Tablefare. This is just snobbery, " i am not a holiday maker i am a traveller codswallop ".

Let's have choice, variety, proper pricing for good ingredients, proper chefs / cooks, and good waiting service.

Steve.

captain

Just eaten tonight at 3 brothers - only average in my opinion.
Food average, service average.
Doug

Latest Posts

Top Bottom