Nimrod

Harmony Homes - Dream Village - Tuzla
We are considering purchasing a property at Dream Village - Tuzla. Harmony Homes are the developers. The properties looks very good on the face of it, but we seem unable to get any reponses from the firm unless we send multiple emails. If this is the service before we part with cash, we wonder what the after sales would be like.

Has anybody on the forum heard of them and if so, do you have any info to guide me towards or away from them?

Thanks in anticipation!

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I don't know them, but you are correct in being sceptical about performance based on what you know. Treat everyone with suspicion and don't hand over large sums of cash to people you are suspicious of without anything to show for it.
Is the development finished i.e. can you see and touch what you intend buying?

Ian

steve smith

The Mayor of Gumbet
We are considering purchasing a property at Dream Village - Tuzla. Harmony Homes are the developers. The properties looks very good on the face of it, but we seem unable to get any reponses from the firm unless we send multiple emails. If this is the service before we part with cash, we wonder what the after sales would be like.

Has anybody on the forum heard of them and if so, do you have any info to guide me towards or away from them?

Thanks in anticipation!

At this moment in time there are plenty of finished properties for sale in and around the Bodrum area, personally i would not buy off plan at present.

tjd

Have to agree with the Mayor of Gumbet, there are loads of properties available both around Bodrum and the Tuzla area that are finished and at a fair price at the moment. Why would you want to buy off-plan on something that may take years to complete?

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
If I was buying again, I would buy from someone that has a re-sale property.
I would want to see the correct X on their Tapu and then hopefully it would be a matter of just going to the Land registry together and getting the property singed over. No waiting for years for the Tapu.

suseiq

Hi

I purchased a villa from Dream village back in November 07 with a completion date of 20th July 2009, the villa is on target and will be finished on time. I am not sure but I think the complex date for finishing is 2010.

As for emails I am afraid that comunication via email with anyone in Turkey is bad I have friends and a solicitor out there and the amount of times their internet is down is unreal. However Sevinc at Harmony Homes is usually quite good and helpful.

Sue

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Whilst the site at Tuzla is very beautiful, consider do you want to be stuck out there in the wilds so to speak. You will have to have a car. I agree what everyone says about buying off plan, why tie your money up for years with no return, buy a re sale eveytime. Before you make a decision decide what you want the villa for, if it is just holidays then I suppose it really does not matter exactly where but if it is going to be a long term project with the intention of retiring out here then consider all the facts if you cannot drive to the shops to get food, you need to be on a Dolmus route, nice view but up the top of a mountain, ok without a car you walk it. Basically what I am saying is think before you buy and do not part with the main amount of money until the tapu says it is yours.

miela

Very sound advise from all these very wise people.

We were lucky, we bought off plan, the builder built the entire site even though all the properties weren't all sold and still isn't, he also followed through with the tapu and luckily for us it is within walking distance of the Village of Yalikavak, Turkish people live on the site so I know if we really needed to sell or rent it would be viable for locals to live in.

We only realised the importance of all of this since we bought the property, it could easily have been so different.

If we were to do it all again right now, we would definately buy a resale property though in a well established working Turkish community, with a tourist community also. We didnt have a bad experience at all but some of the subscribers to this forum have not been so lucky as us and you have no way of seeing into the future.

Re-sale means you get your house right there and then and resale properties especially those over 5 year old will have weathered all the storms and any and all the problems should have become apparent and probably have sorted.

Add all the other criteria that I particularly wanted and I know I would find something to fit my every need, taste and budget out there.

Enjoy your new property where ever you decide to buy.

Last edited:

sandr

Members Stuart & Ros
We were lucky, we bought off plan, the builder built the entire site even though all the properties weren't all sold and still isn't, he also followed through with the tapu and luckily for us it is within walking distance of the Village of Yalikavak, Turkish people live on the site so I know if we really needed to sell or rent it would be viable for locals to live in.

We bought in 2006 on a site in Konacik and our situation is very similar to that of Miela. We did briefly consider Tuzla but came to the same conclusion as Rosewall1, we didn't want to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere having to rely on a car to get anywhere. We are now just a short Dolmus ride from Bodrum. Yali, Turgetris etc.

Top Bottom