peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Happy Christmas to me .... It lives!!!!
Remember the dead & battered sports moped I began restoring?

yam024.jpg

yam023.jpg

yam025.jpg

Look at me now :biggrin:

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Brilliant, it looks great, I also love that its in a house!! reminds me of my TS 125 that was stolen and when I got it back I wouldn't park it outside so it lived in the back room of our terraced house. that was fine but when I moved onto a Kawasaki Z1B that was a bit too big, so it had to live outside.............soon moved house tho to somewhere with a garage!!

Wow what a transformation.

Seeing it in the house reminds me of when I was a nipper and my Dad was always "fixing" motorbikes in the dining room. Drove my Mum bonkers!

Soo x

jcrian

Well done Pete and what a good place to keep it.

The only thing with these perfectly restored vehicles I have found is that you only use them when the weather is OK. I had an MGB Roadster that was as clean underneath as the bodywork and tended to keep it for dry weather and summer use when there was no salt on the road.

Its funny you should say that Ian but my brother in law paid about £25k for a Morgan about 3 years ago and he keeps it in an air conditioned garage, rubs it down daily and only takes it out if its sunny and the roads are dry!!
I would be so proud if I was Pete that I would keep it by the fire with spotlights focussing on it!!Lol

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Hehe, thanks Terry. Yes I am proud of the finished article :) There has been a lot of work and research gone into it, but its been well worth it.
Its actually in the front room there because I now need to construct a ramp to get it down a high step. And Jcrian, yes it will only be used on special occasions such as rally's. It certainly wont ever see a wet road if I can help it ;)

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Smart job mate. How did you get away with having a bike in your house ?

jcrian

I have just heard that my nephew has one of these (like in your original condition before restoration) and my brother is going to show him the photos to show him what can be achieved by restoring it.

GnD

My brother now has four, I only know one is a Ducatti and he used to race. Until he had a truly bad accident which resulted in a duplicate Barry Sheen op. Metal and 11 screws all up one leg. When we were young he would always spend hours and hours and hours cleaning.

Makes me think of my teenage years pillion on his, while his girlfriend had to go on his mates. Only way my Mum would let me go! What a tolerant brother?

nwclio

Used to have a Yamaha 125RD and it was always in bits at my moms house, nice job of restoring the Yammy!

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Great job Pete, lots of TLC and elbow grease, rev the nuts off it, they love it.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom