Bubskar

Handy Tips Forum
I don't know about anyone else but I am a bit of a sucker for that section in most magazines where they have "Handy Tips".

I like them because they are generally a mix of good ideas, downright sad ideas but mostly a source of amusement to me.

I would love to see a "Tips Forum" here for that very reason.

Here is my tip of the day

Whilst this weather has rendered me housebound in between my shifts at the airport and sleeping - I am fit for nothing and tend to play "the computer" - mostly games (after checking emails and having a gander at TLF). I do not have a mouse, so have to use the cursor sensor on my laptop which I prefer. Because my fingers are hot due to the high temperature, the sensor becomes sticky. I have now resolved the problem by sprinkling a tiny bit of talc on the sensor plate and now I have a smooth running action which enables my finger to move faster!

Before anyone comments on what a sad life I lead I will admit it myself!

:35:

carolk

R.I.P
Handy Tips Forum
A very good idea, I will use it.

My tip is when Im very hot and there is no breeze (melting), I put my feet on two of those blue freezer bag blocks. It works a treat!

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Handy Tips Forum
Thanks Bubskar - good idea for a tip forum.

Like Carol, I also get too hot but instead of freezer blocks, I put on a pair of wet socks :)

carolk

R.I.P
Handy Tips Forum
Wet socks!! Never thought of that. Do they dry quickly?

I have this English attitude to wet clothes i.e. I will get cold or flu - you know like the old wives tales of going out with wet hair. Lol, silly really!

gren

Handy Tips Forum
I do not have a mouse, so have to use the cursor sensor on my laptop which I prefer. Because my fingers are hot due to the high temperature, the sensor becomes sticky. I have now resolved the problem by sprinkling a tiny bit of talc on the sensor plate and now I have a smooth running action which enables my finger to move faster!

Talc on a touchpad might get in at the edges and cause a malfunction.
Dab your fingers on a piece of kitchen roll instead.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Handy Tips Forum
They have to be soaking wet Carol - Works best with the towling ones and is a great remedy for getting off to sleep. Obviously they dry in the night but by then I am dead to the world and only remember when I find them kicked off and on the floor the next morning!

Yes we would probably catch our death if we did this in the UK!!

Bubskar

Handy Tips Forum
Anoth tip

Take a few clothes pegs with you to the beach to peg up your clothes or wet swimwear under the umberella. Also good for boat trips to secure your towel.

Andy

Handy Tips Forum
OK you guys now youv'e started me off.

Tacl on the censor, not too sure about that. How about putting Deodorant on your finger would that be better & make sure it's dry before you use it lol.:nosepick:

Hot = :36:well heres an idea i use in bed but can be used anywhere. You know those small bean bags that you use to heat up by putting them in the Micrwave well i put a couple in the Freezer they are great for about an hour and of course they don't get wet.:thumbup:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Handy Tips Forum
I always leave mothballs in the drains area of all the sinks, stops bugs coming up the plugholes. We also leave bug catchers in everyroom when we leave, (the small square ones, so cheap to buy), whenever we go back to our apartment have never found a any creepy crawlies in any of the rooms.

jcrian

Handy Tips Forum
When hot, to cool yourself down get someone to dribble a t-spoon of cold water between your shoulder blades.

That was a tip from Goa when we were last there and it works.

Handy Tips Forum
We always leave little plastic tubs or dishes half full of salt in every room when we shut up house in Turkey, it absorbs all the moisture in the air, 2 or 3 of the 500g bags should do it, doesnt cost much and fingers crossed havent had any damp as yet. Its always rock solid when we return.

Then again perhaps its just luck but my mother had a static caravan and they get really damp in the winter and it worked for her as well

Jane

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Handy Tips Forum
Yes Jane, we do the salt tubs too. I've been out today and bought a pack of 5 of those vacum bags and will be storing all the stuff that we leave over there for the winter. We have under bed storage and it's the bulk of all the bedding, towels etc that has led us to purchase these and to make more room. Our bedding, clothes etc were very dry when we went out for the first time this year in May, so no damp in our apartment, fingers crossed, lol.

Lesley

Latest Posts

Top Bottom