ukizook

Half a Century not out
This may sound funny to most of you but today I reached 50 yrs and Im a little sad ?.

I havn't worked (or needed to) for 8 years, I have a beautiful partner who is also my best friend. We have a villa in Turkey that we get to 12 weeks or so in the year and have friends in France who we also visit. I have a new car every few years, and every gadget known to man. But Im still a little sad ?

My main passion in life are motorbikes and I have a collection of them and get to use them regularly. But Im still a little sad ?

Just before Christmas my youngest son and his wife made me a Grandad to gorgeous little lad. But still Im a little sad?

Why ? you may ask, well I'll tell you. Sheila asked what I would like for my birthday and could I think of anything, not a jot. I used to look forward to at least a bottle of smelly or something, but now the excitement has gone caus I have (almost) everything. I really do feel guilty for feeling this way and I know just how fortunate I am. But Im still a little sad?

ps If anyone has any idea what to get a 50 year old bloke for his birthday Im sure Sheila would be eternally greatfull:confused:

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Half a Century not out
you shouldn't be sad , youre 50 and got everything, well you are lucky, but instead of celebrating the big 50 with receiving gifts , why dont you go out and give a gift to someone less fortunate than yourself, you know secret millionaire style.

Happy birthday and enjoy xx

ChrisBobs

Half a Century not out
Take up watching cricket ! Endless fun there!

Uzi.. you are indeed a fortunate man, many will read this and envy you, but yes it sounds as if you need a wee bit of a challenge ..
...maybe teach others the secret of your success?!! :)

A Very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! May your blessings continue.

Last edited:

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Half a Century not out
Dont be sad Ukiz.....50 is the new 30, Honest enjoy it. Sounds like you need a new challenge in life, take a bit of time and think of something that you would like to achieve in the next 12/24 months.

All the best to you:28:

SLEEPY

Half a Century not out
Funny I am in a similar postion retired a few months ago at 44 with all the blah blah.I however always wanted a dog and thats what I bought myself, a big mad english sheep dog. I have never been so busy or had so much fun (except for the house training bit).

So buy a dog.

ukizook

Half a Century not out
Funny I am in a similar postion retired a few months ago at 44 with all the blah blah.I however always wanted a dog and thats what I bought myself, a big mad english sheep dog. I have never been so busy or had so much fun (except for the house training bit).

So buy a dog.

Very good idea, we've always had dogs and stil have 2 but it's unfair leaving them for the amount of time that we do. The kids/young adults don't mind dog sitting for weeks on end but its still unfair on them ;)

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Half a Century not out
Ukizook, after all that you have been through, cherish the years you have, the health you now have, the beautiful partner and lifestyle that you have, the material things are ok, we all love to have them around, but they can be replaced, you cannot, is that why maybe you are sad, because you have something niggling at the back of your happy life, that someone/something will steal this away, if this is why, then I am 100% understanding of why you are a little sad today. Grasp this wonderful life and enjoy every minute.

Half a Century not out
Hi UKizook,
Mrs. Ringspanner here - My husband is 51 tomorrow but for his 50th he decided to finally take his motorbike test. After an intensive 3 day course he passed his test and bought himself a Suzuki GSX600. He is a good weather biker so not been out on it since before Christmas. We live in Atherton so as you know had a great deal of snow and ice recently.
Now for his 51st I am in the same position as your partner Sheila. He's got everything. If Sheila has any good ideas can she pass them on to me please.
As a last resort it could be a very exciting gift of thermals for a forthcoming trip to Finland.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

stevecarol

Half a Century not out
Well i got bugger all but im have happy with my lot:bounce:

I lie, i have a beatifull villa that i share with my lovely wifey as often as possible, dont worry about what your going to get, try the opposite and give something to those that have nothing, then see how you feel.:28:

Tess

Half a Century not out
How about making a dream come true for someone - many charities have "Wish" lists, I bet you would get great pleasure from that, bound to be one near you.
How better to celebrate your 50th by making 'A dream come true'

Hope you had a lovely day. xxx

Martyn

Half a Century not out
I wish I was as sad as you! What do you buy a man who has everything? :gulme:

Seriously though, take up a new hobby. I have spent years working on computers etc and I had enough of it so I took redundancy and now I'm out of work instead of plodding along :D I bought myself a Land Rover and have taken to the outdoors more and I'm loving it. I need to find a job soon though :D

ukizook

Half a Century not out
Hi UKizook,
Mrs. Ringspanner here - My husband is 51 tomorrow but for his 50th he decided to finally take his motorbike test. After an intensive 3 day course he passed his test and bought himself a Suzuki GSX600. He is a good weather biker so not been out on it since before Christmas. We live in Atherton so as you know had a great deal of snow and ice recently.
Now for his 51st I am in the same position as your partner Sheila. He's got everything. If Sheila has any good ideas can she pass them on to me please.
As a last resort it could be a very exciting gift of thermals for a forthcoming trip to Finland.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Small world eh. a weekend in Oslo was on the cards in a few week but we're visiting my son in Portsmouth instead.
If Hubby wants to get on any rideouts on his bike just give me a post, we have weekly ridots from Easter ish. Im of to a bike club meet tonight...............hope its not a suprise do for me caus I blush easily.;) Where in Athy are you?

ChrisBobs

Half a Century not out
Just jogging my memory with your bucket thread from last July...that was a nice one,

so for your birthday - why not something for your biking trip in Turkey this year- is that still planned?
With every extra birthday there is some sadness, no matter what you have or haven't , some of it is about those who can't be here with us.. and even about directions in your life, the road not taken...
the price of a good vintage- so savour it well, and look forward to the next

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:

ukizook

Half a Century not out
How about making a dream come true for someone - many charities have "Wish" lists, I bet you would get great pleasure from that, bound to be one near you.
How better to celebrate your 50th by making 'A dream come true'

Hope you had a lovely day. xxx

Your absolutley right about that. I spent quite a lot of time at Christie's hospital and then went into my local Hospice for a few weeks.
The Hospice and MacMillan Nurse are my chosen "Charrydy Mate" and I do a fair few events for them. Would do more but Turkey call's in summer ;)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom