ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Haiti Earthquake
This looks pretty severe...

Thousands of people are feared dead after a powerful earthquake struck Haiti's capital, leaving tens of thousands homeless and buried beneath rubble.

Here

C

mallin

mal mc cullough
Haiti Earthquake
saw it on the news this morning.seems the poor people around the world get hammered be it from natural disasters to man made to diseases tostarvation/thirst etc etc.so sad for them...got to be tens of thousands dead looking at the shape of the place.

Haiti Earthquake
this is so awful..at least 100,000 dead the scenes on tv a few minutes ago were heartbreaking.
ive also read that dogs were agitated for several minutes before the quake hit..its either sixth sense or they can hear the deep rumblings before it erupts.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Haiti Earthquake
My step mother is on vacation in Punta Canta which is at the east coast of the island. I believe she shold be ok there but would like to hear word from her.

Bob

Tess

Haiti Earthquake
My step mother is on vacation in Punta Canta which is at the east coast of the island. I believe she shold be ok there but would like to hear word from her.

Bob

Bob I am very sorry to hear that, I do hope all is okay with her, do please keep us up to date. I hope you hear from her soon.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Haiti Earthquake

Bob

Let us know when you hear some news I hope she is safe , .
I wish the rich countrys of the world would give all the eqipment needed for these terrible inccidents Befor they happen , they know it can happen in these areas, all need heavy lifting gear and sniffer dogs , which wouldn't cost as much as bombs and rockets being used eleswere , i cryed just as i did about the tsunami , its heartbreaking ,
Just befor the tsunami many animals ran for higher ground its natural instinct for them , if only humans had that same instinct .......Diane

Reactions: GnD

saffie

Saffie
Haiti Earthquake
Just dreadful news.

As if those poor people haven't gone through enough already. Having walked through areas in Duzce and Yalova after such a huge earthquake any news like this always makes me stop and think just how lucky I am. I still have the memories of people who were made destitute sitting in freezing weather by the side of the road huddled around a few measly burning twigs.

It's just heartbreaking and very shocking to see the devastation.

saffie

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Haiti Earthquake
They'd rather spend the money on pointless war of course.

Just on that good point Pineapple, the war in Afghanistan costs $16 billion a month, or the equivalent of the UN's annual budget!

How much equipment, food etc could that not buy for the likes of Haiti?

Better we just kill the poor eh?

C

Harem

I've cliqued
Haiti Earthquake
I was quite amused to see on the news this morning that a group of Christian missionaries hot footed it out of the country on the first available flight!!!!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Haiti Earthquake
Shocking - heartbreaking - devastating --- cruel - what more can I say !!
Dig deep in your pockets once again foks -- every little £ 5 will help these poor people
Go without a bottle of wine or a couple of pints of beer for one night !!

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Haiti Earthquake
The Turkish Red Crescent, or Kızılay, is on its way to quake devastated Haili where 52 Turkish policemen have survived a 7.0 earthquake.

Here

C

Saoirse

Haiti Earthquake
God just reading the latest on this, its appalling

It always seems to be poorer countries that get hit by these natural disasters. Terrible

Tess

Haiti Earthquake

Bob

Bob, have you managed to hear any news of your Stepmother yet please ??

Reactions: GnD

Saoirse

Haiti Earthquake
Its a really strange place and very very poor

I went to go into it from Dom Rep and my local driver was frightened about some voodo practices in the border area

Latest Posts

Top Bottom