boxerpaul

bootneck
habitation
i have owned my duplex 14 months now,i exchanged it for a villa,now it turns out that the owner of my duplex has no habitation on the building,this could mess my exchange up,the company are well known and trade on honesty,i want to know my options,if i dont get my habitation i intend to name and shame this company

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
habitation
What happened when you exchanged all the legal papers? Did you not notice it then Paul? It sounds rather a mess now, and I hope you can get it sorted.

panther

habitation
You can buy habitation certificate. Especially if builders license is on which lasts 5 years. If expired this has to be done again.

Hope this helps. I don't know how accurate this info is. I only learned last few months hab. certs. could be bought. Although no one ever told me.

I know it is the builder's responsibility.

bev timms

bev timms
habitation
Hi Paul

we spoke with you when we were out in tinky earlier this month, we live nearby....I'm sorry to hear you're no nearer getting this mess sorted. Is there no option for you to buy the hab cert as you spoke about? I know you shouldn't have to fork out yet more money, but it might bring this sorry mess to an end and let you settle with some peace of mind. Dont forget, every dog has its day, its just a matter of waiting for the right opportunity.

best wishes

Jan, Bev and mum (from near Sue and fred)

habitation
You can buy habitation certificate. Especially if builders license is on which lasts 5 years. If expired this has to be done again.

Hope this helps. I don't know how accurate this info is. I only learned last few months hab. certs. could be bought. Although no one ever told me.

I know it is the builder's responsibility.

Hi Panther,
I wasn't aware that the Hab Cert expired after 5 years.
Do you or anyone know how much it costs to renew or get another habitation certificate after the 5 year licence as expired?
What happens if the Hab Cert licenece is not renewed?
Who is responsible to get the Hab Cert licence renewed? The builder or owner

Last edited:

gipsybabe

habitation
Alan I think what he means is that the builders planning agreement lasts 5 years and if the Iskan isn't issued within that time the builder has to reapply for planning permission. If you have your Iskan already it has no expiry date.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom