boxerpaul

bootneck
habitation lies
i have a duplex in altinkum which i bought from aegean-homes i have tapau but no habitation,i keep asking for it,its nearly 2 years now aegean-homes says they are honest and allways does habitation on his properties. They told me it would be done end of october 2009,so more lies,i would ask people if there going to buy with this company be care ful,i am now thinking of taking them to court, its in contract that they will pay for habitation,i am sick of asking and getting lies,plus this is the 3rd highest tax payer in altinkum,its no wonder he is if he keeps not giving people there habitation,saves a lot of money this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tess

habitation lies
Paul, I understand exactly where you are coming from, this is I'm afraid a very common story. I cannot speak for your particular case or indeed the gentleman you mention but our complex was without the habitation certificate and indeed it has only just within the past couple of weeks been purchased / granted. I bought at the beginning of '07 and others in the complex had bought prior to me. I can understand your frustration but you have your tapu a luxury most of us in our complex have yet to experience. On our site the landowner would not release the tapus until the builder purchased the habitation certificate - whilst this was frustrating we can however have him to thank that the Tapus were not available to be borrowed on.
Perhaps in your particular case the person you mention has not yet paid for the habitation, perhaps for various reasons, this I am sure can be checked in the relevant office for a nominal fee.
I am afraid I do sympathise with you regarding the fact that you are being assured of things and then they are not forthcoming, I would suggest if I had a pound for every broken promise I would be quite rich by now.
Paul I know it will not appease you and I know it is not what you want but without trying to be smart in any way, I think having your tapu you are in fact a King.

Guz1

habitation lies
Paul: Unless your contract is legally binding and you have the promises in writing, or at least have witnesses to the promises, it might be better if you didn't name the builder or perhaps rephrase some of your comments. I'm sure that wasn't the kind of response you were looking for and I hope that someone more knowledgeable can give a more positive response.

Do you know whether the builder has applied for habitation?

Briand

habitation lies
Sorry to hear your having problems with obtaining your habitation certificate from Aegean homes.

We also purchased from Aegean homes and had no problems at all with tapu and habitation certificate, received within six months of completion that was over three years ago and for us personally they have continued to give a good after sales service.

Briand.

Tess

habitation lies
Paul if I am correct in a previous thread you mentioned something about an exchange of dwelling. Do you think it has anything to do with this the lack of habitation cert ??

carolk

R.I.P
habitation lies
I don't know your builder Paul so, this is a general comment, the usual reason for not applying for a Habitation Certificate is money - they have none! All taxes etc have to be paid before it will be issued.

Tess

habitation lies
I don't know your builder Paul so, this is a general comment, the usual reason for not applying for a Habitation Certificate is money - they have none! All taxes etc have to be paid before it will be issued.

Absolutely spot on Carol, that seems to be the reason, at least in our case it was.

boxerpaul

bootneck
habitation lies
Sorry to hear your having problems with obtaining your habitation certificate from Aegean homes.

We also purchased from Aegean homes and had no problems at all with tapu and habitation certificate, received within six months of completion that was over three years ago and for us personally they have continued to give a good after sales service.

Briand.

Thats nice for you then isnt it.how much they paying you then to quote that then lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren

habitation lies
I think this is just the place to name and shame - there are builders. sales agnets, and propmoters that are continually misleading and defrauding their unsuspecting buyers, and the situation with some is not getting better but worse. Its ems the economic clsowdown has reulted in increasd inventiveness and experience of what the can get away with, and so their schemes are pepetuated with increasing cunning and audacity.,

Selling without habitation certificatesis just one.

Joanne1

habitation lies
I do sympathize with all of you experiencing these problems obtaining your habitation certificate. We have been living in our home now for almost 4 years and have been promised our habitation certificates every year since...and still waiting. We looked into paying the appropriate taxes ourselves, but on a site of 40 plus houses, half of which the builder still owns, its just not feasible..........we continue to wait, but patience is running very thin.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
habitation lies
I do sympathize with all of you experiencing these problems obtaining your habitation certificate. We have been living in our home now for almost 4 years and have been promised our habitation certificates every year since...and still waiting. We looked into paying the appropriate taxes ourselves, but on a site of 40 plus houses, half of which the builder still owns, its just not feasible..........we continue to wait, but patience is running very thin.

joanne, you can do it on an individual basis, but it becomes more cost effective if a group of you do it

martin

Joanne1

habitation lies
Really.........we were told (not sure how true it is),that if there are more than 8 properties on the land parcel, it was all or nothing and we as owners certainly aren't prepared to pay for the buiders unsold properties to get there habitaion certificates too.
As with all these things, I'm not sure what's fact and whats not.

carolk

R.I.P
habitation lies
Joanne 1, Yalimart is correct but, which ever way you look at it, you are still paying the builders taxes and, if the building permission runs out it is significantly more.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
habitation lies
I have a friend who did it on his own, he is turkish but lived in the uk for 30 years, I seem to remember that although it wasnt easy (the usual red tape etc) it was in his interest to do it as carol says building permission runs out after 5 years (stand to be corrected) and the cost will go up dramatically
at which point the builder will have more to pay and will be les likely to put his hand in his pocket

martin

Briand

habitation lies
Thats nice for you then isnt it.how much they paying you then to quote that then lol

I find that response offensive as I was genuine in my concern of the problems you say you are having with Aegean homes but as I said before we found Aegean homes nothing but professional. ( no we are not getting paid but can only speak as we find )

Briand.

Hakan Bal

habitation lies
I am shocked at your posting and so are Aegean Homes UK who have been in contact with us. They have asked us to point out that you first bought blind at Suenos Park via the UK office. When you arrived to move in you decided that you had made a mistake having moved in. Troy Rideout the UK sales director was with you at the time and he owned an apartment opposite in Suenos Apartments.To help you he agreed to sell you his on the spot and took yours back in part exchange and then moved himself into a duplex at Suenos Park. This was all done in a matter of days and included all his furniture. After a short while you then wanted something bigger so we again part exchanged you to Ocean Park Duplex to help you. You then went out again and part exchanged your duplex for a villa from a different company and got into serious problems. Myself and Troy Rideout helped you as a result of a call to the UK office when you were very upset about losing your Duplex to the new company who you said had ripped you off. You stated you wish you had stayed with Aegean Homes.

We stopped the deeds transfer on Ocean Park to the third party so that it could not be handed over and put you in a position to ensure that your new Villa would be handed over to you. Had we not done this you would have lost thousands.

There is a delay on your habitation and you have been told it will get issued yet you prefer to turn on the very agents that did everything to help you.

We will not reply any further with comments but ask anyone reading this to appreciate and understand the full facts.

Hakan Bal

Latest Posts

Top Bottom