Habitation Certificate?
Just had a fresh look at our Tapu which was issued in 2006.
It has the cross to say we have a habitation certificate, but I don't remember having received a certificate for this from our Estate Agent in 2005.
Is the tick on the Tapu enough, or do we need a certificate?
If so, how much does it cost, and where do we obtain one from? (we have a Holiday home in Akbuk)

Mel.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Habitation Certificate?
Just had a fresh look at our Tapu which was issued in 2006.
It has the cross to say we have a habitation certificate, but I don't remember having received a certificate for this from our Estate Agent in 2005.
Is the tick on the Tapu enough, or do we need a certificate?
If so, how much does it cost, and where do we obtain one from? (we have a Holiday home in Akbuk)

Mel.

lf you have the utilities connected to your property,then you most likely have the habitation certificate on record at the council.
Look at your tapu where it says mesken,l think this means it has been checked by the council for habitation and the copy at the council.
All you have to do is to go to the council and ask them for the hab certificate,where you have to pay a small charge.
Also on the tapu are two boxes,one is Kat irtifaki[which means floor sharing] and the other box Kat Mulkiyeti[ownership] this is the right box for the hab certificate and ownership of the property.
Here is a link about the habitation certificate
Voices Newspaper Altinkum Didim Turkey - Why you need a certificate of habitation

pipermam

Habitation Certificate?
This week İ went to my local belidiye to ask for a copy of our habitation certificate. We have our property for 4 years now and it was a resale. We have electricity, water etc. and pay our council tax every year. They told me there is no habitation certificate for the complex..........but no worries. Wait! They will not give one now, they are waiting to see what the government will do. A small problem they said....I don,t have one either he said. Wait wait wait.

panther

Habitation Certificate?
Pipermam: We've more or less been told the same from a solicitor come Sept/Oct. What worries me is the building license expired which lasts 5 years. Hope we don't have to pay for builders, taxes and social workers insurances.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Habitation Certificate?
This is very strange if they say come back later.You cannot have the utilities in place unless the hab has been aproved[this is what l have been told]l think you need to get someone on your behalf to delve a little deeper into this.The council must have it on their records

panther

Habitation Certificate?
We were without a habitation certificate. The builder put the water in a different address. That's how he got around it. Now we have the hab. cert. for that block. As I took desperate measures and builder was directed to put it on.

It leave me without hab. cert. for other block. The builder is paying the water bill (communal 5 years down the line) Building license expired 18 June.
We are going to hopefully get resolved end of year.

mangrego

Habitation Certificate?
lf you have the utilities connected to your property,then you most likely have the habitation certificate on record at the council.
Look at your tapu where it says mesken,l think this means it has been checked by the council for habitation and the copy at the council.
All you have to do is to go to the council and ask them for the hab certificate,where you have to pay a small charge.
Also on the tapu are two boxes,one is Kat irtifaki[which means floor sharing] and the other box Kat Mulkiyeti[ownership] this is the right box for the hab certificate and ownership of the property.
Here is a link about the habitation certificate
Voices Newspaper Altinkum Didim Turkey - Why you need a certificate of habitation

Hi Bob
i have the utilities in my name but i went to the council for my hab cert and they said there was not one there? my tapu states kat irtifaki so i dont know if i have a hab cert or not? any ideas on that one.

regards

mandy

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Habitation Certificate?
Hi Bob
i have the utilities in my name but i went to the council for my hab cert and they said there was not one there? my tapu states kat irtifaki so i dont know if i have a hab cert or not? any ideas on that one.

regards

mandy
lt sounds like the builder didn't apply for the hab.Have a look on your tapu.Under Kat irtifaki,lf it states Mesken,then it is more likely the council has inspected the building for occupation.But if it does not then the builder has been avoiding the payment of having it inspected.Go to the place where you bought the property and ask them why has the building no habitation.lf they say it has,then ask them to take you to the council for them to get a copy.

Last edited:

mangrego

Habitation Certificate?
lt sounds like the builder didn't apply for the hab.Have a look on your tapu.Under Kat irtifaki,lf it states Mesken,then it is more likely the council has inspected the building for occuation.But if it does not then the builder has been avoiding the payment of having it inspected.Go to the place where you bought the property and ask them why has the building no habitation.lf they say it has,then ask them to take you to the council for them to get a copy.

Hi Bob

thanks for your quick reply

regards

mandy

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Habitation Certificate?
lf Mesken is on the tapu,then the builder did apply for the inspection for habitation.The council must have it on their records for you to have a copy of it.Ask someone on your behalf to get a copy,it should be there

pipermam

Habitation Certificate?
Hello again. I have just looked at my tapu. Under Kat Irtifaki there are several boxes. In one, it says Edinme Sebebi It gives the name of the previous owner, then it says HAK VE MUKELLERFIYETLER which is underlined. Then M: arsa payli 1 nolu Dubleks Meskende John Nolan Mary Nolan lehine kat irtifaki.
What really puzzled me is that a friend who also bought in the same complex says his tapu is Kat Mulkiyeti. If there is no Hab cert for the complex how is this possible.
There were 3 men in the room in the Belidiye and they were adamant there was no Iskan and what's more they wouldn't come out to inspect. It was a small problem they said. They will not give the iskan, they were going to wait.
It doesn't make sense really does it, the electricity is in our names, but they just kept saying wait. And my understanding is that is there is an Iskan then we would pay higher taxes, which you think they would want. Where do I go from here. Wait?
Mary

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Habitation Certificate?
Bob: there is mesken on my tapu but no habitation applied for.

lf you have the utility connections then you should have the hab certificate on record in the council.Have you been to the council to find out whether you have the hab cert.l think you need to check this out with the didim agent association or the C.A.B.lt doesn't make sense to me.

You probably have read this from voice,but here is the issues on the hab cert

panther

Habitation Certificate?
The builder is still paying the communal water. The water is the criteria for habitation certificate. You can register elec and pay builders rates.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom