Martyn

Habitation Certificate
Does anyone know if someone not named on the Tapu can collect a copy of a Hab Cert from the council offices if they have a copy of the Tapu with them? Maybe the only people allowed are the pictured owners on the Tapu?

Last edited:

biggles

biggles
Habitation Certificate
Does anyone know if someone not named on the Tapu can collect a copy of a Hab Cert from the council offices if they have a copy of the Tapu with them? Maybe the only people allowed are the pictured owners on the Tapu?

i can find out for you when i go next week ,but not all tapus have the photo on and as far as i know its not a legal requirement anyway .

Martyn

Habitation Certificate
i can find out for you when i go next week ,but not all tapus have the photo on and as far as i know its not a legal requirement anyway .

That would be great. We go over in June for the only time this year and if we can complete our sale and update the Tapu in one go we will.

biggles

biggles
Habitation Certificate
no prob , be back on here around the 27/may . but pm me to jog memory after the 27/may . i also will be visiting the tapu office .

Martyn

Habitation Certificate

*bump*

Niron

Habitation Certificate
can i just clarify as a newbie that the habitation certificate is in fact a seperate document from the tapu? reason i ask is when i asked about a property advertised on here having the habitation certificate i was told there was an x on the tapu to say it was cleared for habitation pass, is this correct?

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Habitation Certificate
Yes it is a different document. One box means that the hab cert has been applied for, and the other means that it has been obtained and the process is complete. Hope that makes it clearer.

dalid69

Habitation Certificate
The habitation can only be done from start to finish by the builder,its his responsibility to complete the application as there are workers insurance that has to be paid and all the contractors he has used also have to sign off their work,so dont expect to be able to walk into the belidiye and collect it,sometimes tha application could have been filed but if he hasnt paid the money it wont be completed,i had the same problem a year or so ago.

Paul

lizziebob

Habitation Certificate
From my own recent experience it seems that, where there is already a habitation certificate available on a building, anyone can pick up a copy on behalf of the person(s) listed on the tapu.A Turkish friend of ours took a copy of our Tapu to the Belediye office and paid 5TL for a certified copy of the Iskan (habitation certificate) for the whole building...also got a receipt to show the paid fee and the date. So that part of the process was cheap and easy...we will still have to wait and see how we fare in the completion as, like many others, there are several nationalities and apartments held in several different tenures in our block. We know our Turkish (full time resident) neighbours, but hardly ever see the others.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom