panther

Hab. certs. new law obtain individually
I have just spoken with a solicitor who speaks perfect English in Yenhisar.

Concerned about the hab. cert. I haven't yet got.

I hope my interpretation is accurate from her explaining there is a new law in September where we can apply individually at a cost of 600-700tl for our hab. cert.

The tapu by all in block still would need to be updated after this to mulkiyeti.

tiiegil

I hope my interpretation is accurate from her explaining there is a new law in September where we can apply individually at a cost of 600-700tl for our hab. cert.

The tapu by all in block still would need to be updated after this to mulkiyeti.

Great info thanks, could I just ask we are on a site where there are 10 detached villas so take it that we can get our habitation on our own in September?
We are coming out at end of August for a couple of weeks (so hopefully a good time for this new bit?), and we have a Tapu the Irtafaki one.

So can we just bring 2 copies of everything and go to the belediye oursleves or will we need the builder to be there? (he gets quite upset if you do things with other people but do not want to be ripped off with the amount of bits that seems to get added).ie 600 ytl for the first Tapu !
We were thinking of asking a local lady who also runs a home services ie translation etc to go with us, but worried builder will get upset as they all seem to contact each other to say where we are (would you believe)especially in the belediye (underhand dealings at all?) if this is not an option how much overall should we pay for Habitation Cert and then to change Tapu to the Mukafati ??? type do you know at all please.

carolk

R.I.P
Panther, do you mean each or for the whole block? Does this then negate the builder having to do it at all? I thought the builder couldn't get a hab cert until all his taxes were paid, is that wrong and if not, are you then individually paying his taxes?

It is beginning to look to me like you can buy your own hab cert and then your own Kat Mulk which only leaves the builder to throw them up!!

impy

hello l've just joined and l am wondering if anybody can answer my questions about the habitation cert if you have an apartment l bought mine on the understanding it had a habitation cert that is why l bought new. To find out on applying for it at the town hall that all the others in the block 4 other apartments have except for ours. How can that be when ours was the first to be finished being the ground floor and the first to be bought by us. So l tried to apply for one and was told there wasn;t a building license, it had run out so l had to apply for another. l approached the builder who said if l gave him money he would do it for us. How can l give money and pay for his mistake. And how can they issue a building license on an existing building. l have all the bills electricity, water, rates etc in my name for 6 yrs how did that happen if l didn;t have a habitacion cert. And surely the building inspector came round to make sure it was in accordance with the license and plans etc. Didn;t they see our apartment. Are they blind. Does this mean the new law l can get my hab cert without the builder, even without a builing license

impy

that at least is something but l still think the builder should get fined or his license taken away from him by not doing his job properly

carolk

R.I.P
Yes Impy, you are of course correct. It is the builders job to get the Hab Cert but, the problem is they don't and, nothing happens to them - you end up paying and, if the building license has run out after 5 years you end up paying more. Just another small con for the buyer!!!!!!

lesleykay

I have a question relating to this as my builder doesnt yet have a hab cert, hence the status of the Tapu, but my question is I now have my own insurance for my property but not DASK insurance because when I took ou the insurance I didnt have the TAPU and they wont give you this, but I understand now that I do have the TAPU, do I need to get this insurance for earthquake even if the property doesnt have a hab cert?

tiiegil

We have our Tapu (Kat Irftafki ticked) and we have our insurance and the DASK which I did with the same company however to date no Hab cert ! boo hoo and will just bide our time now and hope a better law comes in. Would say though that maybe getting the DASK would be a good idea as it is a legal requirement for Turkey, however is it legal without the habitation ...............must go and check !

traveller

We have our Tapu (Kat Irftafki ticked) and we have our insurance and the DASK which I did with the same company however to date no Hab cert ! boo hoo and will just bide our time now and hope a better law comes in. Would say though that maybe getting the DASK would be a good idea as it is a legal requirement for Turkey, however is it legal without the habitation ...............must go and check !

Have you checked with the council, the hab cert might be in place even if you don't have a copy. We were the same, Kat Irtifaki Tapu, went and got a copy of the hab cert from the council - no charge. We have DASK, elect, water and phone/ADSL all in our names. Just waiting for someone whose done it to post on here how you go about getting the tapu changed to Kat Mulkeyti and how much it cost. Until then we are just sitting tight.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom