claire1976

Ha,that'll teach me to gloat!
After my thread yesterday blowing my trumpet that I was recovering well I got home yesterday to a letter from the hospital. My routine blood tests last month have shown markers again, it's almost 3 years since my last operation as a result of markers in my bloods.
This means I now have to go for an ultrasound and needle biopsies from my neck to determine if the markers actually represent cancer cells again.
The ultrasound appointment falls on the same day as my next scan for my baby's growth, fantastic timing!
Bloody disease, you just get on a roll then it pops up to remind you that it's still there!
Hey ho, guess I shouldn't have spoken too soon!:(

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Sorry to hear that Claire, hope all goes well and good luck,

Jeannie :blowkiss:

carolk

R.I.P
Claire, you poor thing! I am so sorry to hear the news. You can still blow your own trumpet as you have a lot to blow it about!! Stay strong in the knowledge that you've recovered once and your soon to be new addition proves that, and you can do it again!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Aww Claire, just regard this as a blip along the highway to health, don't give it the satisfaction of being anything more than that, you know you can get through this if it has returned, you've done it before. good luck, take care and stay strong. xx

Hi

Keep Positive and do not let the "C" buggers get you down.

You have everything to fight for, and the thought of the good times will get you through.

We will all be thinking and praying for you, so keep us informed

Good luck and show them that you are made of sterner stuff

Sandy

pebble

Clasire, that is devasting news, but YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GIVE IN TO IT. You have baby no 2 on the way. he/she needs you to be strong.
this is just a minor set back.
when will we know>? inquiring minds want to keep on top of this, please keep us posted

hang in there gurlie girl..........

claire1976

Thanks everyone, it may not even be that serious yet. Pregnancy accelerates tumour growth and in some ways it's a good thing if it's brought to the surface quicker than normal. Surgery is the only option left for me but I always knew it was possible I would need more, hopefully it'll turn out to be nothing. I'm booked in for the biopsies on 3rd Aug, will keep you posted.
I'm not worried, more worried about giving birth to be honest! I know what to expect with the cancer but my first baby was born by C section so I have no idea what to expect with this one!

nanamo

Sending you our thoughts and best wishes for a positive outcome. Keep strong and go in fighting. Molly

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Hi Claire, best wishes from me too. I hope it does turn out to be nothing, but if you have to fight it again, I am sure you will beat it again.

It was lovely to meet you and your family a few weeks ago, hope to see you on your next visit.

Ruth

Firebrand

Stay strong. We've all got everything crossed for you.

(And as Pebble says, no you weren't gloating).

GnD

So sorry to hear.

Keep strong and keep the great perspective you already have since pregnancy hormones have detected this restart earlier than otherwise.

keep us all informed.
Debbie Xx

Hi,

Good Luck Claire.

My friend found out she had cancer in her kidney-by the time they found it she had virtually no kidney left-they operated to remove it then she had the most gruelling chemotherapy.

Two years later she had a lump in her breast which turned out to be cancerous-but not a secondary tumour-a second primary, it was a very aggressive type of cancer. She had the breast removed and again she had to undergo chemotherapy treatment.

A year later the doctors told her that she had a one in ten chance of developing cancer in her remaining breast-so she had a further mastectomy.

It's been over twelve years now with no more tumours-which proves it can be beaten.

Try to stay strong and positive-not easy at times I'm sure. Many people will be praying for you.

Ann

pebble

Claire: yes you are so correct........
Pregnancy accelerates tumour growth and in some ways it's a good thing if it's brought to the surface quicker than normal.

Are you having your second baby by c-section also? Concentrate on the happy event. have you your nursery all ready?

just you hang in there and stay strong.

Hi Claire
Nobody thought you were gloating!!
Be positive and all the best with the birth etc.
Look after yourself and keep us posted
Tel

Latest Posts

Top Bottom