suzyq

Gypsy gang 'deliberately drowned' elderly pony in lake in front of horrified families
How can people do this

A gang of gypsies deliberately drowned an elderly pony in a lake - in front of horrified fishermen and families.

The group killed the animal by pushing its trap deeper and deeper into a popular Hampshire lake until it was completely submerged.

A brave fisherman dived into the water to try and save the thrashing animal - but was kicked unconscious in the head by the pony and had to be rescued by bystanders, before being taken to hospital.

:mad:Read more: Gypsy gang 'deliberately drowned' elderly pony in lake in front of horrified families | Mail Online

shazeroo

Gypsy gang 'deliberately drowned' elderly pony in lake in front of horrified families
Evil, cruel, nasty people... and they got away and will do the same thing again as the article says they already tried to murder a 2nd pony in the same way. Meanwhile, the brave man who tried to help the poor terrified pony is now badly injured. I can only hope they catch them before they can do the same thing again and are punished severely and never allowed near another animal again.

Last edited:

tracieali

oh my god thats so sick.... that poor pony have probably been a working pony for then & then end his life like that sick sick people...

A89

OH MY GODDDD!!!! How terrible!!! How can people do things like this? At first I thought it was going to be in Turkey where, as it's said on the forum so often they have much less regard for animals. How terrible for the people who were nearby and witnessed it too.
In my experience gypsy gangs have little regard for the law and are often a law unto themselves but still Im shocked they had so little regard for a pony. I'll be very interested to hear what actually happens to the men that did this. I have personal experience with an organised gypsy gang. They tried to steal my van. My employee that was with the van at the time jumped back into the passenger side as it was being driven away and wrestled with the man for control. Passers by who witnessed it called police. My employee eventually fell back out of the open passenger door and narrowly missed being run over. By coincidence an armed response unit was waiting for someone else where the van careered around the corner and when the officers jumped out of their vehicle the gypsy quickly jumped out of mine and into a car that was waiting in case something went wrong. The men were well known to the police and police got the reg number of the car and that was registered to the gypsies, they were all part of a gang known for stealing vehicles to order and police actually witnessed the man dumping my van but they didnt press any charges because 'its very difficult with gypsies and sometimes not worth the hassel we'll get' . Thats what the police told me, really it was just too much trouble for them to bother!!
I certainly hope these men get what they deserve but I really doubt it will happen. How anyone can cause suffering to a defenceless animal is completely beyond my comprehension and they certainly deserve to be dealt with harshly.

northpole

The Penguin Rules
And this is one of the many reasons why people do not want them in there area.ln other words go back from where you came.
They teach their kids bad things and the cruelty and suffering continues.lt is a learned culture and they must change their way of thinking for them to be accepted.

Racist...no it is not...it is a fact..lt is what they do that makes them discriminate animals and nature.lt is also them that are racist to others when they want their way,and if things do not go their way they will use the racist card.
Those that inflicts cruelty and suffering on the living are those that are full of hypocrisy.
So,what is the good ol' British system going to do."l Know",absolutely nothing,because they are a bunch of cowards when it comes to the travellers flouting the law.They are hardened aggressive criminals and the police knows they can be accused of heavy handedness and labelled racist.So the compensation culture will come into effect.Crime is well out of control now in Britain because of the policies that have made the criminal gangs live their lives unpunished.
The health and safety,the politically correct crap,the compensation culture,the racist card,the namby pamby culture,the human rights policies are in cahoots with the evil mind.
Tear all these policies up and rewrite them so the decent non criminal mind can live in peace and the bad guys will receive the right punishment one expects when such evil takes place.

DRACEY

But lets not forget the " Civil liberties and Human rights of the poor Gypsies ".

suzyq

Evil, cruel, nasty people... and they got away and will do the same thing again as the article says they already tried to murder a 2nd pony in the same way. Meanwhile, the brave man who tried to help the poor terrified pony is now badly injured. I can only hope they catch them before they can do the same thing again and are punished severely and never allowed near another animal again.

Shazeroo very sadly they were actually trying to drown 3 ponies.

"It seems a gang of 12 men and boys lined up three ponies and traps and tried to force them into the water – they succeeded with this one.’

Police spokesman Alan Smith added: ‘When the attempt to push a second and third pony into the lake failed, the group of people drove them and their traps away in the direction of Yateley."

As A89 said I doubt that anything will happen to these low lifes apart from a fine if that. It just beggers belief that they thought it's perfectly alright not only to murder 3 ponies in broad daylight in such a terrible way but to do it in front of people who were probably just have a day out, probably this added a heightened sense of enjoyment to the occassion for them and did it in the full knowledge that they will get away with it.

I just shudder to think about what may now happen to the 2 other ponies and can only be grateful that people who saw what was going on actually put a stop to it in the end. I would actually like to hold their heads under water until they are almost to the point of death so they can feel the fear of what they are doing.

Minajayne

Turgutreis
Cant even begin to understand their mind set...! Am guessing the ponies were old, or injured and now of no use to them - but they must be aware of all the rescue centres and 'last days' places for these animals. Whats it all about..?

As everyone is saying, i guess its a 'learned culture' and how do we change that..? Sadly the press and controversy will probably add fuel to the 'honour badge' of these people. Disgusting, low lifes...i hope karma kicks them up the arse.

raven

Earth Laughs in Flowers..
Oh Christ is that what happened, my parents mentioned that a pony had drowned and I just thought it was a sad accident didn't look at the story.

I bet they never bloody find them either, Went to appleby one year and was disgusted by the way the animals were treated, never went back. What the hell was going on in their minds, I hope their own community takes against them. But I doubt it.

I just feel sick about this story.

kale

When theY catch the b............ds harness them to a trap and just shove them in, less for us to feed in prison , and thats to good for them,
Have a nice day you MORONS
KALE

nanamo

Our best wishes for a full recovery goes out to the brave man who tried to help - RIP innocent little pony - no one can hurt you now - gypsyies ..your not worth a mention appart from rest in hell.

After reading further comments added after this one I realise in this post I did not practice what I preach - namely never judge a book by its cover - I want to rephrase my outburst above to read - who ever was responsible for doing this - may you rot in hell. It was unfair of me to tar everyone with the same brush.

Last edited:

millilove76

millilove76
Am guessing the ponies were old, or injured and now of no use to them .

One article i read stated that the drowned pony was just 2 years old.
Where we kept my daughters pony in the UK the field next to us was rented by a Gypsy family. They kept 5 horses and a couple of ponies and i have to say they looked after them amazingly and would have died for their animals. No i'm not a member of the PC club but i judge everyone on their actions, i am sure many of the Gypsy community are as equally horrified by these actions.

I've heard of a similar incident years ago, but by word of mouth not in the press. It was very similar, a trap race between some families with the losing ponies being destroyed (the winning family chose how the ponies were killed). Maybe they same thing happened here.

I agree with the majority of posts, i would like these people put down or the same thing done to them. Sadly in reality they will get a £50 fine and if the judge is having a good day they may get a ban for keeping animals for a few months.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I totally agree with Millielove on this . 5 miles from me theres a private gypsie site . They have just had a really big stables built for thier horses in winter . The Horses are well turned out . They give rides to children at local fetes etc for charity .

These owners will be just as upset as anyone else . My neighbour rents a field and stable from them for her daughters horse . The horses are checked regular by a vet and teeth floated by someone from 70 miles away because he's a animal dentist ..You can't judge everyone the same ....Not everyone up north was Peter Sutcliff ......Diane

northpole

The Penguin Rules
I totally agree with Millielove on this . 5 miles from me theres a private gypsie site . They have just had a really big stables built for thier horses in winter . The Horses are well turned out . They give rides to children at local fetes etc for charity .

These owners will be just as upset as anyone else . My neighbour rents a field and stable from them for her daughters horse . The horses are checked regular by a vet and teeth floated by someone from 70 miles away because he's a animal dentist ..You can't judge everyone the same ....Not everyone up north was Peter Sutcliff ......Diane

That is true pineapple you cannot judge everyone the same.But human instinct tells us to be aware,because of survival.These one's that do tarnish the other fine decent gypsies are the one's are labelling the gypsy community as bad,generally speaking

Saoirse

This is a classic example of people tarnishing an entire section of the population because of the disgusting actions of one group

These people were probably white-so are all white people scum?

If they were Irish/English does that make all that group scum?

Catch yourselves on theres plenty of scumbags and twisted evil types that would do this to animals who certainly arent gypsys.

What these people did was disgraceful-that does not make their whole ethnic group disgraceful

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Bit like racists as well. Are they all scum or are there some nice people amongst them ?

Saoirse

eh???

Thats a bit like saying there are good pedos-obviously not

But condemning an entire race/ethnic group because of the actions of some or intransigently held prejudices is both dangerous and crass

Its up there with all Welsh shag sheep, all Irish are stupid, all English are racist, all Scots are mean, all Germans steal sunbeds etc. Juvenile and daft

The last significant person who believed an entire race or ethnic group acted and should be treated as one had a dodgey moustache and a girlfriend called Eva. Wise up.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
When my neighbour and I went to feed her daughters horse we got into conversation with the site owners wife . She even made us a coffee. It was explained to us thats theres various class'es of gypsies ...Theres the old type . the travellers who are quite upper class with busness'es theres the New age who don't have any gypsie blood in them at all ! Welsh gypsies and Irish tinkers ...She told us she's sick and tired that only the scruffy ones are shown on tv and only bad things get reported and they get classed all the same . I think its wrong to class everyone the same . In some ways they reminded me of Turkish because she told us they never put thier elderly in care homes . and the older ones used to tout for a living ..They have moved on ..But the New Age cause a lot of problems and are not allowed on this site .....Diane

Top Bottom