Leigh

Gyms in Bodrum
Hi everyone

I have found a few gyms here in Bodrum, so for those of you who are thinking of going, but dont know where to start looking, here are some suggestions (all these places are nice and clean and have car parking):

Azka Hotel (Gumbet) has a fitness center and a heated indoor swimming pool (in the same area as the swimming pool there is a jacuzzi). The pool is the biggest indoor one I've seen here. Opening hours: 9am - 9pm. Tel: (0252) 316 89 92. Indication of rates: 1 month: YTL110 for the fitness center and YTL90 for the pool. If wanting to use the fitness center, pool, hamam and sauna YTL160. Prices go down as per normal for 3 months, 6 months & 1 year.

B-Fit (Ground level, Oasis Shopping Centre). Based on an American fitness concept, this is a first for Turkey with many branches throughout the country. For females only, this gym has is a circut that has no weights on the machines - the principle being that you work with your own body weight. There are fitness consultants on hand, there is a lot of encouragement, and the place seems popular with Turkish ladies and foreign ladies alike! A consultation with the doctor to measure body fat is given when joining up. Indication of rates: 1 month YTL60 (cash) or YTL63 if paid by credit card (a once off YTL20 fee is payable on joining and this is for use of all B-Fit clubs in Turkey and also for the consultation with the doctor). Prices go down as per normal for 3 months, 6 months & 1 year.

Dedeman Hotel (Gumbet), good fitness center, sauna, hamam, a heated indoor pool and a small children's pool. Sorry, didnt keep the form with prices or contact phone numbers, but the hotel is well known, so you should be able to find it! I know in the summer there were yoga classes but dont know if thats still on-going.

Marmara Hotel (Bodrum). Stunning view from hi-tech gym, not much equipment but it looks very good! Didnt keep the price list, but you can contact them for it. Tel: 0252 313 8130 - very good spa treatments here too. When I was pregnant, I went there for a massage and got a fantastic english lady who specialized in doing massages for pregnant ladies (some oils you cant use while pregnant).

Kempinski Hotel (Barbaros Bay - close to Bodrum) - one of my all time favourite hotels in the area which opened last year, lovely fitness center, nice views from there too. Indoor heated pool. This hotel also has the best spa treatments I have come across in this area of Turkey (they also do awesome brunches on special days eg: Easter, Mothers Day - pricey but well worth it!!). Travel distance just a little off putting if wanting to use the fitness center on a regular basis, in my opinion.
Tel: (0252) 311 0280

Thats it! If anyone else has seen any fitness centers that are good, please feel free to share!

Leigh

wiuru

Gyms in Bodrum
Wow you have been busy doing so much research, well done you. I am sure there will be loads of people with lots of time on their hands rushing to check them all out. I just with i was one of them, but next year i will be.

Thanks

Anne..xx

bodrumchic

Not so new girl
Gyms in Bodrum
Thank you Leigh, you must have been reading my mind.
I've heard that Salmaki's is quite good too - anyone got any info for there?
Does B-Fit have treadmills etc? Showers? Not sure about the body fat thing - I'm not sure I want to know!!

Leigh

Gyms in Bodrum
Hi BodrumChic

I've never heard of Salmaki's - where about is it?

B-Fit doesn't have treadmills or rowing machines or step machines - it has the other stuff but is designed for females to use (good machines for bums & thighs!). There are showers and change rooms downstairs by the 'cool down' area but havent been in to look at them yet.

B-Fit is offering a free day trial session - I went to that yesterday and must say I really enjoyed it. I will be signing up to go on a regular basis (re showers above, I showered when I got home as I had my baby daughter with me!!!). A friend of mine has lost about 23cm (overall) in a month since going to B-Fit which I think is jolly good! The premises look quite small - there are about 9 different pieces of equipment with the 'jogging squares' amongst them, but when I was there yesterday there must have been about 8 ladies there too and we all fitted in fine as when the music 'beeps' you swap equipment or do the jogging bit. You go around the circuit 3 times and I worked up quite a sweat!

Another bonus for moms with kids who dont have babysitters and who want to work out here - there is a creche type place basically opposite B-Fit, where you can leave your kids to be looked after while you work out - they have games in there, one of those 'ball pools', books, a plastic kids table & chairs etc - I think kids have to be a year and older to be looked after there (hence me taking my daughter with me to the actual gym as she's only 9 months old). Prices for the creche are as follows: YTL5 per half hour, YTL10 per hour. A bargain !!! Also a great concept for moms wanting to shop in peace!! Don't know why this creche hasnt advertised extensively for their services.

KateK

Gyms in Bodrum
Hi
The place opposite B-fit 'Zencefil' is a friend of mines. I used to work with Sevgi the owner and she is fantastic with kids and is a qualified nursery teacher. I have been telling her for ages she needs to advertise because I'm sure there are plenty of mums who would love to shop in peace! Sevgi also speaks English and does loads of fun crafts with kids old enough. I'm glad you found it and liked it!
kate

Leigh

Gyms in Bodrum
Hi Kate

Please can you also do a posting of Zencefil on the Bodrum Forum - many parents who may be interested in it may not have read about it here, and they may well benefit from this 'creche'! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Bye for now,
Leigh

Latest Posts

Top Bottom